Paynes sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday with a broken Ike and some dents emailed Paynes and feel sure that it will be sorted out, otherwise very please with quality and price I am sure the bees will love them.

Roger got straight back to me and is sending me 2 ekes to replace the broken one free of charge and a repair kit so I am happy.

Got my "order completed" email tonight.

No Fedex tracking number apparent though. boo - won't be able to amuse my aspie side tomorrow tracking the delivery!

Received my "order completed" email late this afternoon, though again Fedex deny any knowledge of the delivery. Hopefully it can't be too far away now though.

James

From Paynes FB (whatever that is) page (4/1/12):

"Thank you to all our customers who have placed orders in our Winter sale. Sorry for any delays in dispatching your orders, we are catching up after the Boxing day rush. Any orders which were placed before the New Year should be with you by the middle of Next Week. All we need then is a good Spring start and an even better Summer Season!!"

Received my order, all correct and as expected.
I didn't need any of it immediately, but delivered in plenty of time for this springs increase :D

still no sign - presume have yet to receive an "order despatched" email with tracking number following my "order completed" email of the other day.

Or perhaps, seeing it was for me, Fedex sent a smart car to pick it up and need to make several journeys back and forth to depot!!!!

I received my 'Order Completed' email late afternoon on Monday and the goods turned up today.

:party:

buy your poly nucs and ekes now before the price goes up ;) and I don't mean the end of the sale :eek:

"buy your poly nucs and ekes now before the price goes up"

once mine arrive i'll be well stocked for the next year or two!!!!;)

I will be upto 12 Paynes poly nucs now which will be fine for me atm (together with my other nucs). In July I put the tiniest cast in one as a joke. This is the sort of thing I would normally combine in the 'wooden' era. I treated it with OA on the first Jan for 7 seams of bee on a six frame nuc....wall to wall and loving it. Never seen growth like that before.....it was too small to put in a mating nuc.

Just caught a dodgy looking white van man dumping a pallet load of packing waste outside work reception.

Did a runner before i could get the reg number.

oh well - looks like it's down to me to dispose of it all. Not sure how many trips in the smart it'll take to get it all to the "council recyc centre".

seriously though - the depressions in top of nat boxes don't look too bad. good to see that the nucs now have plain front entrances that can be easily closed. but what is the strip of wood for (1 per 14x12 nuc)?

er....that'll be the floats for the feeders in the nucs.

Just caught a dodgy looking white van man dumping a pallet load of packing waste outside work reception.

Is that all nucs, DrS? Mine arrived at the crack of dawn today. Generally quite impressed with them so far, though I've only had time to unpack the boxes and stash everything away where my wife won't see it :)

James

That'll be it. great. (the old WPF ones didn't have floats supplied).

"Is that all nucs, DrS?"

Mostly - plus some ekes for existing nucs and a 14x12 nat to trial this year.

And don't forget to only fill them 2/3rds full with syrup (the bottom 2/3rds!)? Unless you intend making the joint at the eke permanent and waterproof, beforehand!

How do people get on with the feeder, while using the nuc as a 14 x 12?

RAB

Latest posts

Back