Paynes sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JBM,

I can't seee how you can agree - you are not even acustomer or so we are led to believe!

Your Mum should be making any comments as to the quality of service, surely?:rolleyes:

received my sale goodies of 150 frames, which seem pretty good - well packed etc, also a half litre of oxalic acid - I know I'm a bit late but for various reasons couldn't get before. Having read the label, I then read all 15pages of contradictory advice on dilution / strength / ego (I do love this forum!). I then phoned Paynes up, talked to a real person who gave what I thought was honest and straightforward advice. I'll go back to OA crystals next year but want to add a positive to the score Payne's seem to be getting so far - at least until I check and find 6%OA has killed all my bees!

"But not if you give a good smear of vaseline around the edges first."

i'm talking all over. The stuck edges are a good thing in my book - ensures sheet stays put when having a quick nose.

Request for information.

As a comparative new comer to the forum (i.e. much less than 1 year) a thought crossed my mind on reading this thread today.

The forum is non commercial - and rightly so. Yet this thread has managed to keep a suppliers name almost constantly in view since Christmas Eve. If you mention a supplier in a post it generally ends up as a series of stars why hasn't this one and is it fair to allow one firms name to be so constantly on display when other suppliers names change to stars?

Just curious.

I think the critical point is that this site exists to allow people to share ideas, thoughts and and knowledge - and that includes recommendations (or otherwise) of suppliers and goods.

The forum is very much against commercial advertising, which this particular thread, and many others like it, does not do.

It is up to Admin which words he considers suitable for auto ****ing, and I don't think there is any point deliberately trying to obfuscate any he chooses not to.

I think the critical point is that this site exists to allow people to share ideas, thoughts and and knowledge - and that includes recommendations (or otherwise) of suppliers and goods.

The forum is very much against commercial advertising, which this particular thread, and many others like it, does not do.

It is up to Admin which words he considers suitable for auto ****ing, and I don't think there is any point deliberately trying to obfuscate any he chooses not to.

The point being for somebody like myself who doesn't fully know who is who on the forum. How do we know this isn't a thread being kept going just to keep the name of the supplier prominently on the forum?

I realise this isn't happening but for someone with a vested interest in the firm (say its my great uncles second cousin I would like him to do well) a thread could be kept going. I assume there is no safeguard other than the watchfulness of Admin and Hivemaker.

took delivery of three nucs and six ekes tonight. The nucs are of the new style with circular entrance hole and variable disc. Seems a worthwhile tweak. I did feel the poly seems harder and sharper as well. Has anyone else noticed this, it was just a feeling but was dark and cold so will check tomorrow...

And the rest of us - you can report any post you like by clicking on this button, which will alert Hivemaker or Admin

Thanks MA,the only reason the companies name is still running is because I have not added them to the list.

I will do it now.

Regarding the forum supporting any company over another it will never happen as long as the forum is supported with user donations...

T
Regarding the forum supporting any company over another it will never happen as long as the forum is supported with user donations...

I didn't for one minute think it would!

I was just puzzled (as somebody still learning the ropes) as to why one suppliers name could appear daily when others automatically appear as stars (straight away) and often URLs posted to be of help to people are full of stars.

The two didn't seem to sit together logically.

Latest posts

Back