Pam Gregory

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterBK

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
wintering 23
Just heard that beekeeping has just lost yet another good beekeeper. Pam Gregory NDB author of several beekeeping manuals & founder member of "Bees abroad" passed away yesterday.

Very sad loss - she was only a couple of years older than me - far too early to go.

A very knowledgeable lady....she probably knew more about beekeeping in Africa than anyone else on the planet. I read her Green Guide Book 'Keeping Bees' which she co-authored with Claire Waring fairly early on in my beekeeping - not a bad book to get a general insight into keeping bees, I still have it somewhere.

I met a wonderful woman at the National named Pam. She introduced me at one of my talks. She was in a bee group of professional people with the likes of John Gowar. She was so excited that I would have photos of my dogs in my presentations. Just wondering if the woman I met was Pam Gregory. I think it was...

Poor Pam - she hadn't been well for quite a few years now - I remember her struggling to travel to Builth Wells to give us a talk on sustainable beekeeping even though, at the time she was extremely ill. I'd heard she'd taken a turn for the worse a few months ago but was still soldiering on valiantly. Her input to beekeeping in Africa will be particularly missed.
First Tom Pegg back in August now Pam quite a few big gaps around this neck of the woods now

RIP
I bought her book recently Healthy Bees are Happy bees it was a great read
Sad news

Pam was a good friend of Conwy BKA. She visited us many times. You could learn a lot watching her work a hive of bees.

My Mum ( Pam Gregory) would have loved the fact that she inspired so many people to keep Bee's. She was such an amazing lady who had a huge impact on the Bee Keeping Community and Educational Institutes in this country and all over the Globe.
She was angry that she was being taken before her time and that she still had so much to offer and do.
Mum was upset that she would be forgotten! I told her with everything she had done in this world that that would not be possible. It has made me cry and made my heart swell to know that you were all thinking of her. Mum left a great legacy and was such a dedicated person. Thank you all. x

My Mum ( Pam Gregory) would have loved the fact that she inspired so many people to keep Bee's. She was such an amazing lady who had a huge impact on the Bee Keeping Community and Educational Institutes in this country and all over the Globe.
She was angry that she was being taken before her time and that she still had so much to offer and do.
Mum was upset that she would be forgotten! I told her with everything she had done in this world that that would not be possible. It has made me cry and made my heart swell to know that you were all thinking of her. Mum left a great legacy and was such a dedicated person. Thank you all. x

I've got a copy of the Basic Beekeeping manual she wrote for African beekeepers in front of me now, it's still the standard text for our African projects, I handed out a few of the Swahili versions on my last scoping trip to Tanzania this April and we are liaising with WWF to get some more printed for the new project I'm overseeing out there which is due to start shortly.

Can it really be four years .. how time flies. People like Pam Gregory will never be forgotten ... their words linger on long after they have gone.

That touched me..i never knew your Mum but she was obviously a lovely well respected lady..good buy for now to your Mum..

I'm presently walking the 870-mile Wales Coast Path, in 4-day stints. We're right down in Carmarthenshire now, with just 200 miles to go, to Chepstow. Whenever we drive down and pass the signs to Tregaron and Llanddewi Brefi (which makes us smile) I think of how Pam would travel up to Conwy, when she was RBI for Wales, to help our beekeepers, with talks, assessments and quizes. She'd always drive back home the same day. She's much missed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back