oz armour suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
have had mine for around 7-8 years...noticed where i kneel down, the inner webbing has degraded so that now bees can sting through

cant think of a solution except knee pads etc....feels like wear and tear

anyone else had that?

have had mine for around 7-8 years...noticed where i kneel down, the inner webbing has degraded so that now bees can sting through

cant think of a solution except knee pads etc....feels like wear and tear

anyone else had that?
can you just stay on your knees so they don't have access to this area? 🤣
7-8 years is good going though. I looked at them but I am not too keen with the leg length zips. More zips, more chances of forgetting to close one properly!

can you just stay on your knees so they don't have access to this area? 🤣
7-8 years is good going though. I looked at them but I am not too keen with the leg length zips. More zips, more chances of forgetting to close one properly!
The long leg zips are the best bit. No fighting to get the wellies down the legs!!!!
My Oz Armour has been well abused for the last 7 years and is looking extremely tatty but I still use when I have a nasty hive to do a full inspection on. My biggest criticism of the suit is the Velcro on the wrist doesn’t tighten enough. ( I must have small wrists for a large size. ) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Mine is the earlier type that doesn't have velcro, just elasticated cuffs. Anywhere that the material can potentially be pulled tight has always been an area where bees can sting through, I bought mine for comfort rather than protection and it is excellent in that respect. Long zips on the legs means it's easier to put on, there are kneeling pads on mine so I don't understand the issue here. The only problem I have regarding wear due to age is the veil where the webbing covering the hoop supports and the edge of the mesh has worn through, they no longer make this style of hood, the new zip configuration doesn't match so a replacement hood alone is not an option. No bees have found their way in yet ;)

Just looked at their site, it says 30% off bee suits but the triple layer vented is still £169.99.
I just looked again from the ad I get on Facebook and it says £154 instead of 206 for the 3 layer super cool suit (medium) + free shipping

my triple layer Oz suit has removable foam pads inside the knee pockets. Do they all have that ?

I do like the plastic insert in the fencing veil top seam that helps to keep it off ones chin.

The long leg zips are the best bit. No fighting to get the wellies down the legs!!!!
My Oz Armour has been well abused for the last 7 years and is looking extremely tatty but I still use when I have a nasty hive to do a full inspection on. My biggest criticism of the suit is the Velcro on the wrist doesn’t tighten enough. ( I must have small wrists for a large size. ) 🤷🏻‍♂️
do you under or over glove.....i use long sleeve marigolds and pull them over the cuffs...my wife puts cuffs over the glove and tightens the cuff as much as poss

do you under or over glove.....i use long sleeve marigolds and pull them over the cuffs...my wife puts cuffs over the glove and tightens the cuff as much as poss
Ah, I under glove if I am using nitriles but over glove with marigold type gloves if it’s a really feisty colony.

Latest posts

Back