Oxalic Acid Vaporisation Programme Please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shudderdun

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can any of the subscribers point me to a link showing a programme when to (Autumn/Winter ? ) treat your bees using the Oxalic Acid vapourisation treatment system please. I know the method, just need a programme when to do it.

Thanks.

I treat mine in autumn 3 treatments at 5 days between treatments (or as close as I can), once between Christmas and new year and just monitor during summer treating if the mite load gets up.
just finished all of mine with a couple of Nucs left to do.

I have been doing a 7 days rotation... The info out there is like a game of bingo: 5,7,11 days... What doesn't seem to be there is how much oxalic is needed per treatment. I do 2.5gr per national hive and 1.5 per nuc... But I don't even know if it's correct. Anyone?

Thanks for your help, at least now I have something to go on. I have almost finished making my own vaporiser, from a machined block of brass,diesel glow plug etc, oxalic acid is on order, so I am keen to see how it performs !

Thanks once again.

As soon as supers are off I vape on days 1,6,11 and sometimes on day 16, depending on the drop which I like to be down to 10 a day by the time i've done that fourth vape.
I don't bother with a mid winter vape any more.
I do an accelerated mite drop before supers go on and anything that drops more than 20 gets a round of vaping as above.

A few of us have rogue hives on their eighth or ninth vape but that's a whole different issue

fogger

Anybody know what mix of oxalic acid and water for a fogger.

Latest posts

Back