Out apiary costs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayJ

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can any one give me a rough idea as to the cost of an out apirary? Is there a going rate? I only have two maybe three hives at the moment.

right lets turn all this talk on its head.
if i was a land owner and had a bee keeper on my land, wearing my road,gate trampling over my land i wouold want a lot more than a jar of honey.

that idea works if your back in the 18 th century or your dad owns the land

i have a farm area for my out apiary that i PAY CASH FOR

it suits me as i can easily make it cover the costs. yes the farmer does get some honey but its wrapped up with a £50 note once a year and thats for the ten hives i would normaly have there £5 each brilliant

if you were to turn up at most farms with out cash i think they would be an ***** to say yes

I disagree Pete.

I find the offer of honey is usually very effective and in one instance I was asked to NOT give them the forty jars they were entitled to as they were still working through the previous years rent.

Possibly I am just that bit smoother a talker though.....LOL

PH

I am just setting up an out - apiary, because my neighbours daughter runs te farm...and asked me to place bees there! They are willing to fence of a section of orchard for me - to keep off the sheep, and in winter to cover hives entrances etc. if the is snow as I couldn't get there. I asked about rent and they said how much did I want??..I love my neighbours

Latest posts

Back