Open message to Admin.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntsman666

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I have in large enjoyed your forum and the many contributions from its members.

I have learned a lot but I also have made contributions.

However, my enjoyment is seriously lessened by the constant attacks/insults to my contributions from Oliver90owner - RAB.

I have no problem with a difference of opinion and we all know there are many in the craft of beekeeping. However there is a mannerly way of expressing such differences.

Should you allow him continue in this manner I believe it will be detrimental to your forum as it will be seen to tolerate bullies.

planks and eyes job methinks!.... - the poster has in the past accused many of us of all sorts of things for daring to point out his inaccuracies

"Should you allow him continue in this manner I believe it will be detrimental to your forum as it will be seen to tolerate bullies" - should therefore be applied to HM666.....

Admin,

I was wondering if this person was posting rubbish (for beginners) and simply looking for confrontation, or whether just giving out rediculous advice for those that may easily be misled. I am inclined to think it was the former. Take your choice.

Question from newbie: What should I feed the bees mid-winter

Advice given: Don't feed them at all during the winter.

If the person has misquoted on purpose, please ignore him as, hopefully, the original OP must surely do also.

RAB

huntsman666;180501 said:
I have in large enjoyed your forum and the many contributions from its members.

I have learned a lot but I also have made contributions.

However, my enjoyment is seriously lessened by the constant attacks/insults to my contributions from Oliver90owner - RAB.

I have no problem with a difference of opinion and we all know there are many in the craft of beekeeping. However there is a mannerly way of expressing such differences.

Should you allow him continue in this manner I believe it will be detrimental to your forum as it will be seen to tolerate bullies.

Tone of voice within the forum environment is lost. An essential aspect required for proper communication. Often texts between friends can become heated due to lost context due to no tone of voice. Something considered as banter by the sender can be construed as aggressive by the receiver. Aggressive intent is always the conclusion jumped to. It's not you Hunt, but it seems the way of the world these days that a negative intent is always perceived first above all other possibles.

Incorrect advice with regard to beekeeping often brings scornful correct advice. Or so I have witnessed. Not just from Oliver but others too.

So perhaps these things account for at least some of the instances experienced by you and others and is worth considering this with regard to future posts and replies received.

However Hunt it does you no no favours at all making this post. It is something you could have tried in PM. I have done just this with someone who contradicted me at every turn. I agree it is boring and unesassary and as they quickly forgot that PM convo we had I had to be public. Unfortunately embarrassing them in effect in order to nip it in the bud. It did me nooooo favours, I just looked a tosspot, but it had the desired effect. Though predictably it's been trawled out at every opportunity. Wasted on menu have a thick skin. In today's common speech "bovered lol".

But I still look the numpty. You do too. Oliver is viciously accurate and precise. Annoying as that may be (not to me btw) I would rather be told off than misinform someone or worse get it wrong and effect myself and it's always the way that someone always knows more than me. I don't get offended I try and be clever and learn more to not get put in that position again.

However you cannot claim bullying ever, on a forum or in a forum environment and not get laughed at. It's not real. It sounds stupid, and it belittles those that have endured physical bullying. It's at worst flaming, and if anything it's banter. If in doubt abstain from the forum. But don't claim bullying to get what you want out of it - Oliver threatened by admin, or banned, or worse. That's just cheap.

Is it that time of year again has cabin fever set in? Use the search and you will find similar posts.

Ahh grow up the lot of you. This has nothing to do with bees.
RAB is about as course as sandpaper but you get people like that everywhere! Theres not much point moaning about it. Take his info if its good and throw away the rest.
life is WAY to short to be upset by a online entity

Storm™;180506 said:
However you cannot claim bullying ever, on a forum or in a forum environment and not get laughed at. It's not real. It sounds stupid, and it belittles those that have endured physical bullying. It's at worst flaming, and if anything it's banter. If in doubt abstain from the forum. But don't claim bullying to get what you want out of it - Oliver threatened by admin, or banned, or worse. That's just cheap.

Storm may i say that you are totally inacurate in saying that people cannot be bullied in a forum or forum invironment.

I work in education and have seen what can happen due to internet bullies. in the worst instant there have been people that have committed sucide due to posts that have been made on sites such as M S N, Fbook and the like.

I am not commenting on whether or not HM666 has been bullied or not, i am just commenting on that it is wrong to say bullying cannot happen on forums and the such. I does and im sure will continue to do so on other sites at terrible expence to peoples lives. Please do remeber this when making comments like the one you made.

oliver90owner;180505 said:
Admin,

I was wondering if this person was posting rubbish (for beginners) and simply looking for confrontation, or whether just giving out rediculous advice for those that may easily be misled. I am inclined to think it was the former. Take your choice.

Question from newbie: What should I feed the bees mid-winter

Advice given: Don't feed them at all during the winter.

If the person has misquoted on purpose, please ignore him as, hopefully, the original OP must surely do also.

RAB

The poster was asking about feeding syrup in winter. Perhaps for you I should have said; "Don't feed them 'syrup' in winter." When I mentioned that they cannot reduce the water content, I would have thought this very obvious. Obviously not to you as you took this as an opportunity to attack.

You have a nasty way about you RAB.

newportbuzz;180510 said:
life is WAY to short to be upset by a online entity

Most of us know truly very little about each other, and yet some people type as thought they are "expert" beekeepers, for all you know they are just good at google searching...or might just be bots.

There only a dozen or so people I have met in the flesh or talked on the phone from the forum, and only them I "trust" in their words...others I compare with my own research.

Enjoy the forum for what it is.

Totally agree , Rab his is never happier than when moaning at someone. There are plenty of more experienced people on here wilingl to give help or discuss things in a civil manor.

Huntsman you have it wong by saying "You have a nasty way about you RAB" he's just an arguementative prat.

Oh Dear!
Lots of dummies being spat out today :chillpill:
"Calm down dears, it's only an advert"
Patronising so and so I may be , but please , cut each other a little slack !
Spring is just around the corner and wecan get back to the REAL issues :)
Some peeps need to get out a little more :D
VM

Can we hold you to that!!!!!!!!!!

"Spring is just around the corner" LOL

Ahhhhh sigh it's great to see everyone NOT being personal. NOT singling one person out and ganging together to "Internet bully" (apparently) an individual. Hipocrasy is a fun word isn't it lmao. Oh and in case any of you inbread ginger homo dresswearing pedo welsh by Scottish decent, shandy swilling short arsed f@ckwits wanna take me on - bring it - I fight back and I do NOT leave a pretty sight.

Seriously though - grow up. Banter is funny. Trying to be snide is unfortunately obvious here. And I would say largely silently enjoyed but ultimately ignored for the most part.

Admin - Can you please consider getting rid of this thread? I do not believe that it was started in the spirit of this forum.

victor meldrew;180520 said:
Oh Dear!
Lots of dummies being spat out today :chillpill:
"Calm down dears, it's only an advert"
Patronising so and so I may be , but please , cut each other a little slack !
Spring is just around the corner and wecan get back to the REAL issues :)
Some peeps need to get out a little more :D
VM
I know how you feelnot worthy

So huntman you don't consider that your being a bully? If you have issues do it in private, i for one don't care or want to read it.

If you don't like then don't take part in the forum.

People asking basic questions may annoy some people but that does not give anyone the right to attack them. I dont know anyone on here who would ever give wrong information on purpose. This I believe is a beekeeping forum and as such would expect people to be civil.

Latest posts

Back