OAV Poly Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeeman

New Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Has anyone had any ideas on how to oxalic vapour a Paynes Poly Nuc box?

I treated some with oxalic vapour back in the autumn, to do those i removed the roof, lifted the corner of the clear poly cover, just enough to get the nozzle of the vaporizer in, then treated them. I have some copper inserts for treating from the top in future, these go from a small hole in the top middle of the feed compartment on the outside, across to the queen excluder slot on the inside, and the nozzle of the vapourizer goes into this tube to vapourize from the top, can also see how well it covers by removing the roof if need be.

Has anyone had any ideas on how to oxalic vapour a Paynes Poly Nuc box?

I did mine through the entrance but I must admit a couple of frames' bottom bars (nadired super, thank heavens) got scorched. Next time the paynes brood box will be on a wooden floor modified to sublimate under the OMF.

I did mine through the entrance but I must admit a couple of frames' bottom bars (nadired super, thank heavens) got scorched. Next time the paynes brood box will be on a wooden floor modified to sublimate under the OMF.

Since that isn't really possible with the *nuc* :) - I think trickling is the simple 'solution' ...

Trickle is not an option as i think it`s far too harsh on the bees
There must be away im using a Varrox.I was thinking maybe some way via the mesh floor

Trickle is not an option as i think it`s far too harsh on the bees
There must be away im using a Varrox.I was thinking maybe some way via the mesh floor

Correct... Varox will fit under the OMF as it will with BHS pollyhives etc

May be an idea to pop a couple of matchsticks under the corners of the clear plastick cover to allow fumes to percolate?

:gnorsi:

Latest posts

Back