Payne’s Nuc and Varrox

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poot

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Five
Does anyone have any tips on how to vape a Payne’s nuc with a Varrox wand?
I‘ve not needed to do so before and it appears to be a little tricky, but I bet someone has found an effective way?
TIA,
Poot

do it from under the OMF - make a little eke to enclose the pan that the nuc can sit on - my photographs are for a Maisie's nuc but just make one to suit. I used the pointless battens supplied with a flatpack roof which are meant to be tacked to the inside of the roof.eke 1.jpgeke 2.jpgeke 3.jpgeke 4.jpgeke 6.jpg

do it from under the OMF - make a little eke to enclose the pan that the nuc can sit on - my photographs are for a Maisie's nuc but just make one to suit. I used the pointless battens supplied with a flatpack roof which are meant to be tacked to the inside of the roof.View attachment 37450View attachment 37451View attachment 37452View attachment 37453View attachment 37456
Thanks - I was thinking it would have to be from beneath. I have an empty nuc I can use as a template, so a bit of woodwork beckons.
Thanks for the photos - they make it really clear👍

Thanks - I was thinking it would have to be from beneath. I have an empty nuc I can use as a template, so a bit of woodwork beckons.
Thanks for the photos - they make it really clear👍
Is your underfloor mesh metal or plastic? If it's plastic beware of melting a hole in it

Is your underfloor mesh metal or plastic? If it's plastic beware of melting a hole in it
Good question…I’ll check, I think it’s metal. If not the eke will need to be a little wider methinks. Thanks for the query👍

Back