Noise of electric cars revealed, and it’s not what you would think

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
Sounds like a swarm of something to me!
I would have thought a can of old nalis being rattled would have been better suited!
Google " Jaguar"
Yeghes da

It will soon be law that EVs use a sound generator, for the safety of dumb pedestrians who fail to observe the highway code.

My neighbours have an electric car and it is nearly silent.
Quite scary when they reverse out of their drive.

I think adding some form of noise is a very good idea.
Cyclists, pedestrians, and horse riders will be safer if they know there is a vehicle heading their way.

My neighbours have an electric car and it is nearly silent.
Quite scary when they reverse out of their drive.

I think adding some form of noise is a very good idea.
Cyclists, pedestrians, and horse riders will be safer if they know there is a vehicle heading their way.

And what else should they put on them so profoundly deaf people know they are coming.

Old man down the pub said they should have a man walking in front of the car waving a red flag and ringing a loud hand bell... sounds a bit revolutionary to me!

Chons da

Where EVs have been used for some time in the rest of europe the rate of pedestrians and cyclists being hit by them has risen significantly.

one thing they could have is phone signal cancelling software, to get there heads out of there phones when crossing the road, there everywhere around me, I just stand still and watch them approach and they jump out there skin and walk around with a glare on there face, and I walk on with a smirk on my face love it.

one thing they could have is phone signal cancelling software, to get there heads out of there phones when crossing the road, there everywhere around me, I just stand still and watch them approach and they jump out there skin and walk around with a glare on there face, and I walk on with a smirk on my face love it.

I agree, worst invention ever.

It is Darwinism in action...

How about having a beeper like reversing lorries do except for going forwards too? That should go down a storm in residential areas coming home at closing time. :)

And what else should they put on them so profoundly deaf people know they are coming.

Do profoundly deaf people have any more trouble with EV’s than ICE vehicles? Do they get run over by vehicles? These people are likely far more clever than the average pedestrian.

Let’s face it, about half the population is of below average intelligence. That will, of course, include beekeepers just the same as any other group.

The point is that these silent cars are increasing risk of harm.
Profoundly deaf people like my son will not notice the difference, they will be no worse off.

Latest posts

Back