No Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I retired 4 years ago. I get nothing from social office (pension) until next year. Enjoying myself on my savings and what I earn from ebay.

So will you confirm that you are not ever likely to answer any questions?

I mean it would be nice to know because then we wont be wasting your time and our time waiting for an answer and not a You Tube video.

So will you confirm that you are not ever likely to answer any questions?

You again answered first and then asked

I love to tease idiots. Sooner or later they reveal themselves.

I make extra money with honey. Is that somehow wrong

Last edited:
So is this rubbish then....??????

Disease testing – Varroa

Varroa mites were detected in 70% of samples tested (figure 9), and were present in all of the nine regions tested; samples containing no Varroa mites were also present in all regions tested (figure 10). Few samples were taken from apiaries believed to be within ‘Varroa free’ areas (see map below), however all five samples taken from within this area were found to be free of Varroa mites.

Not all Scottish colonies are affected by Varroa mites, and despite the introduction of Varroa destructor in 1998 and its rapid movement across Scotland (and subsequent declaration of the whole of Scotland as a ‘statutory infected zone’ in 2003), all five beekeepers in ‘Varroa free areas’ were found to have no Varroa mites in their samples (see SBA data map on page 12). This raises the hope that it is possible for beekeepers in these remote and often harsh environments to maintain their ‘Varroa free’ status and prevent losses due to the mite and associated viruses with adequate support. As there is currently no legislation in place to restrict movement of bees into these regions, local honey bee breeding programmes and excellent communication (to suppliers and incoming beekeepers) may be the best option for keeping these areas Varroa free.

Copied from http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0042/00423966.pdf

You again answered first and then asked

I love to tease idiots. Sooner or later they reveal themselves.

I make extra money with honey. Is that somehow wrong

answered first and then asked........??????????

I think you need a better grasp of the English language,

Theres only one reason why you dont answer questions....

If I believe Scottish beekeepers, the mankind should be allready dead 4 years ago.

Thats just the sort of thing I expected you to say..

Everybody else is wrong except you.
Scientists know nothing, but you keep quoting their reports.
Beekeepers know nothing... except you.
Any report quoted by anybody other than you is rubbish.
You dont know why bees will die if you dont treat them.
You cant tell us why bees dont die if not treated.
You didnt know (2 years ago) that an observation hive could be overwintered.

You want to make money from honey. No problem with that but you have no comprehension as to why other people want to keep bees as a hobby with no interest in making money from them.

You need a lot more practice before trying to leave replies that you feel to be sarcastic and or funny. Your attempts at both are very poor quality and the only person who finds them amusing is, oddly enough... you.

You need a lot more practice before trying to leave replies that you feel to be sarcastic and or funny. Your attempts at both are very poor quality and the only person who finds them amusing is, oddly enough... you.

You have got just what you have earned.

Careful - once admin has sorted the server, I can see this thread moving into 'the other place' :D

So Finny exactly how many hives do you have? (or is it all just a fantasy?)

Unfortunately I only have a single hive at the moment but which as far as I can see is also varroa free. I even did a special check today after reading this thread last night! I've had the board in regularly looking for varroa drop, checked bees during inspection and uncapped drone brood and not seen a thing, so maybe for now I am lucky but will keep monitoring and see if they appear. Certainly would not treat them for varroa though without seeing something first.

Careful - once admin has sorted the server, I can see this thread moving into 'the other place'

Oh no.. Not "The Other Place"!!!!

Not the place where people give an answer when a question is asked.

I you have very few varroa, perhaps it doesn't matter as you wouldn't treat anyway, but if you want/need to be 100% sure that you have no varroa you could do a version of the Beltsville test, without the step that checks for resistance. I am not recommending this as really you would just be killing bees to prove a point.

Latest posts

Back