No Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having followed this thread through from the start, and being a clean living customs officer and pillar of the chapel :D - I at last know what it feels like to smoke dope whilst popping an E after ten pints of wifebeater. - Its gets more surreal every page :sifone:

These replies are the raving of a madman.

I asked if people in Finland in area that are free from varroas still treat ther bees and get an reply of "nothing is odd to you" Make sense to anybody?

So keepers in Finland who live a varroa free area know that they cant keep their bees alive unless they treat for varroa?

You may live your life that way.....
What?

They die if you dont treat them.
If you live in a varroa free area, you treat them anyway, because if you dont treat them...........they die. What do they die of?????

England is 10 years behind Europe. Ok.. So what has Europe found out about varroa.. That if you dont treat them they die? because thats all you seem to know about it... You say that a SCottish report is not right because there are no varroa free areas and the quote form a paer which lists varroa free areas in Europe......including Finland.

Take your time Dishmop. There is nothing hurry here. Carry on, carry on.
Thats easy to solve. You could actually explain why a certain beek who started this thread MUST have varroa in in his hive , or why bees WILL die if they arent treated. Nothing hard in that is there? unless of course you dont know.

I don't think that what Finman is doing is somehow evil or mad or not what most people do.
I'm not really too concerned with what he does but its odd that when he is asked why bees die if not treated that he doesnt know, and when somebody says that dont have varroa that they are stupid to believe that.

However...... what I do think is wrong is that for somebody who professes to know so much about bees and their health, then says that even if they dont have varroa (and then says that is not possible not to have varroa or varroa free areas) they should be treated anyway so as to increase the honey yield.

What are you arguing about again? If you have unhealthy levels of varroa then treat. If not, don't. No big deal either way. I am 31. Not retirement age by a long stretch but I learned a long while back not to argue over nothing like a child.

If you live in a varroa free area, you treat them anyway, because if you dont treat them...........they die. What do they die of?????

You invent yourself that answer, and they you ask my opinion. You quote youself and say that it was me who said so.

That is a school boy level bulling. It has nothing to do wit 60 y old guy, if he is not menthally ill.

You do not even know where Finland is. Then you ask "varroa free area".
Oh dear.

then says that even if they dont have varroa (and then says that is not possible not to have varroa or varroa free areas) they should be treated anyway so as to increase the honey yield.

Stop drinking now Pal. How many bottles you have on desk. Your branes do not stand it even your computer stand.

Most people will have given up reading this thread long ago, but I have been hanging in there!

I think the majority of UK beekeepers do what Finman does i.e. they have varroa and they use some form of IPM to deal with them. This is what we are taught when we take up beekeeping and what we are told by FERA:
https://secure.fera.defra.gov.uk/beebase/index.cfm?pageid=93#

I don't think that what Finman is doing is somehow evil or mad or not what most people do.

Having said that, each to their own.

Nuns nipples! :icon_204-2:

I'm sure you are right, I don't think that was ever in question that most people in the UK treat their colonies with substances and that many in the UK also practice a number of other intrusive manipulations BUT that wasn't the issue in this thread...

.....but as you so rightly say, each to their own and I would certainly never be so arrogant as to tell others what they should do or what is right and what is wrong.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishmop View Post
You invent yourself that answer, and they you ask my opinion. You quote youself and say that it was me who said so.

That is a school boy level bulling. It has nothing to do wit 60 y old guy, if he is not menthally ill.

You do not even know where Finland is. Then you ask "varroa free area".
Oh dear.
It is not an answer. It is a question.
I was asking the question based on what you had said. See the ? mark.
It was therefore not a statement. You have said that people treat bees even it they do not have varroa, to increase the honey yield. I was asking if it is true. Is it.???????

You quoted from a report which says that Finland (with other countries) has varroa free areas and I asked if they still treat their bees anyway. Do they??????

The person who started this thread said he has no varroa. You say he has. How do you know????????

A report says Scotland has varroa free areas. You say it hasnt, so just exactly how do you know that.???????

Last edited:
This thread has degenerated to namecalling and repetition. Give it a rest and move on guys.
Its like trying to get blood out of a stone trying to get Finman to answer a question.

It is getting rather boring. Finman for some reason doesnt want to give any explaination regarding his statements, so my assumption is that he either doesnt understand what is being asked, or just doesnt know.

It is quite obvious to everyone that he is winding you up. Doesn't look too difficult. Give it a bloody rest

It is quite obvious to everyone that he is winding you up. Doesn't look too difficult. Give it a bloody rest

Well its not him winding me up.

Arent you interested to know why in his opinion that Scottish report is not correct. If we are told by him that all these reports are not correct and that scientists know nothing, then what is the point in reading any of them.
I cant see the point of anybody making statements and then not justifying them. Was just trying to get answers to some of the stuff he says.

Doesn't matter does it. If I want that sort of info I read from a direct source.

Latest posts

Back