No more nails

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any one needs filler, just mix d4 with saw dust, then fill gap.

Just ordered a litre of D4 for <£10 of Amazon. I usually use blue Evostick... is it significantly better?

It's a really good glue .. and certainly bonds quicker than Evostick blue .. only downside is the bottle is a bit big and the 'spout' is not as good as that screw down one on the Evostick bottle ... I washed out the last Evosticck bottle I had and refilled it with D4 ... best of both. I like it ....

.. only downside is the bottle is a bit big and the 'spout' is not as good as that screw down one on the Evostick bottle ...

Agreed - my solution - as soon as it arrives - is to decant into 2x 500ml Tesco's ex-washing-up liquid bottles ...

2ef2gee.jpg

Easier to apply, and the reserve bottle (filled to the VERY top) lasts longer without contact with air.

bjosephd - Amazon ? Jeez - buy from Toolstation - only £6 a litre. Spend another 4 quid on screws etc (which is not that difficult to do !) and they'll deliver to your front door for free - usually next day.
LJ

Agreed - my solution - as soon as it arrives - is to decant into 2x 500ml Tesco's ex-washing-up liquid bottles ...

Easier to apply, and the reserve bottle (filled to the VERY top) lasts longer without contact with air.

bjosephd - Amazon ? Jeez - buy from Toolstation - only £6 a litre. Spend another 4 quid on screws etc (which is not that difficult to do !) and they'll deliver to your front door for free - usually next day.
LJ

Don't you just love this forum ? What a cracking idea ... as a born again cheapskate recycler I can't think why I haven't thought about a washing up bottle before ? Ideal solution ... Dohhhhhh ...

And yes - I buy mine from Toolstation (they saved my bacon yesterday as they were open unti, 7pm ~ on Good Friday ! Can't say that I agree with it but I was so grateful .... )

Latest posts

Back