next book please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:iagree:

E.B. Wedmore's Manual of Beekeeping is a worthy addition, it was my first bee book. It is a 1979 reprint of the 1946 revise and therefore pre varroa but I still refer to it regularly.

I am new to this and I have read two books from the National Trust book shops that have got me wanting to become a BEEK. I have ordered a couple from the list but got Bill Turnbull's book the Bad Beekeepers Club and have laughed and cried at the antics.

Lots of fun and ..................

I have heard a lot about this Bill Turnbull book. I've just ordered it. I'm getting quite a bee keeping library :) Just wish I could read from the computer as I am finding reading Storch really hard.

I am new to this and I have read two books from the National Trust book shops that have got me wanting to become a BEEK. I have ordered a couple from the list but got Bill Turnbull's book the Bad Beekeepers Club and have laughed and cried at the antics.

Lots of fun and ..................

I haven't read it yet as I 'm guessing I will be given several copies for Xmas!
Cazza

Bill Turnbull book .... I haven't read it yet as I 'm guessing I will be given several copies for Xmas!
Cazza

I have dropped a similar hint at home as well, just a single copy will do though! :D

As a follow up to the Digges Book, Langstroff's book is also an interesting read (If you don't mind getting a bit of a sermon as you read!! - he was a clergyman.)

If you fancy a novel.

You've already read Ted Hooper who would be my first choice.

If you fancy a light novel and want to stay loosely on the bee theme, may I suggest "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. It's an easy read but got a load of awards.
That's where my Black Madonna avatar came from.

MB

As a follow up to the Digges Book, Langstroff's book is also an interesting read (If you don't mind getting a bit of a sermon as you read!! - he was a clergyman.)
ill have a look into it. thanks diggs is a bit heavy on the wonder of god factor aswell but still a good book

Latest posts

Back