National Trust

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgeordie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Latest Info:

Coronavirus update
As of midnight 21 March, Director-General Hilary McGrady has announced:
'We have now sadly taken the decision to close all of our parks and gardens, in addition to our houses, shops and cafes, to avoid crowding that puts social distancing at risk.
'Despite our desire to keep our outdoor spaces open, the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and visitors has to be our top priority. Having observed the numbers visiting our places today, I am no longer convinced we can maintain social distancing over Mother’s Day when numbers are likely to grow, and beyond.
‘Our countryside and coastal locations remain open with parking charges waived, but we encourage people to stay local and observe social distancing measures.’

Didn't stop the hordes flocking to Boxhill yesterday, car parks were full to bursting.

When I lived in the south back in the 60's I remember going to box hill and especially the grave of Major Peter Labelliere, who for some eccentric reason was buried upside down.

When I lived in the south back in the 60's I remember going to box hill and especially the grave of Major Peter Labelliere, who for some eccentric reason was buried upside down.

Perhaps he wanted to see where he was going.:biggrinjester:

Because he said we live in a topsy turvey world?

Still have scars on me knees from attempting to roller ~ skate down the zig zag!

Yeghes da

Get angry like Labellière,
Who, finding no invectives hurled
Against a topsy-turvy world
Would right it, earning a quaint renown
By being buried upside-down;
Unwilling to adjust belief,
Go mad in a fantastic grief
Where no adjustment need be done,

so he was buried vertically but head down without any ceremony but with a crowd of hundreds of onlookers

Latest posts

Back