Well, it was like this, dear.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me spending the odd 100 quid on bee stuff makes him feel better about his hugely expensive camera hobby, and my saying "I really could do with my own extractor instead of having to wait weeks for the Association one to be available" meant he didn't have to rack his brains thinking what to buy me for my birthday :)

Well a special thanks to all you gorgeous beekeeping ladies who have posted on this thread. As I approach middle age at to fast a velocity, I can feel the warm glow of contentment course thro my veins knowing your just as scheming and cunning as us. I salute you .... x

My wedding anniversary is the 12th August

My Grandparents had that anniversary and got to Diamond and beyond...so must be a good anniversary to have :D

I had a studio at the bottom of the garden where I extracted the honey, and out building that I used as a work shop and an old barn that I us to store gear.
I came up with the idea of putting a static caravan on the top field where there is a barn that I store my gear and so the caravan could be used for by the kids when they have sleepover weekends etc.
So bought the caravan, had power, water, gas, and a sceptic tank installed. I forgot to mention that we should have planning permission for all this. It's an age thing, the old memory is going.
A few months later we had a visit from the planning department and they told use we had 28 days to turn it into an agricultural use or remove it.
So our only choice was to completely turn it over to the bees. It is now my extractor room, workshop, new gear storage, has a deck where I can take a lunch break, inside has a shower, toilet, heating and air conditioning, because I need all these things when I'm extracting honey in the spring, or putting frames together in the summer heat, I don't want my wax foundation going limp.... I don't feel to bad about this as I paid for it all..... Did I forget the mention that we agreed the go over to electric or hybrid cars to do our bit and I changed my car for a Toyota Prius and she came back with a Saab convertible, so no I don't feel bad...:)

Last edited:
If its agricultural use you will obviously put everything through the books and offset against tax

(He's asleep beside me at the mo - so shuush -) I just love this beekeeping - doing our bit and managing to pollinate the veg and fruit on our land - don't need bribery (yet), but if it wasn't for a certain local beekeeper he might have given up when badly stung a couple of years ago! So thank you MJBee for all the help and time you give us - and I know several others on this site will agree!
Thank you to all who help! - Mrs Chris58 (Keni)

Me spending the odd 100 quid on bee stuff makes him feel better about his hugely expensive camera hobby, and my saying "I really could do with my own extractor instead of having to wait weeks for the Association one to be available" meant he didn't have to rack his brains thinking what to buy me for my birthday :)

My, you're a lucky girl then .... all I got was socks and a shirt ! Both much needed of course !!

Hey Gar lic Pickle, You should take away his noodle rights, then you won't be in need of an extractor....

Friend of mine was walking along the prom in Colwyn Bay the other day. He saw a lady sitting on a bench in a full bee suit .
He asked her if she were a beekeeper to which she replied," I wish I was "
Left him perplexed! :)
VM

It's good to know that I'm not the only beeloser.

It's good to know that I'm not the only beeloser.

Certainly not the only one . Many years ago when beekeeping took my fancy ,I assembled the necessary bits and bobs, I once spent the day working in my garden with my new smoker perched on a rock smoking merrily , imagining I was a beekeeper:)
I didn't posses a single bee :D
VM

Certainly not the only one . Many years ago when beekeeping took my fancy ,I assembled the necessary bits and bobs, I once spent the day working in my garden with my new smoker perched on a rock smoking merrily , imagining I was a beekeeper:)
I didn't posses a single bee :D
VM

Did you do that in your fireman/policeman/doctor outfit too ?:icon_204-2:

HI i did the course he helps me we have a lot of fun together i can blame him on anything that is wrong he forgets how much money i have spent and we take our first lot of honey bank holiday monday,all the mess is his!!!

Back