National poly nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have converted Langstroth nucs to National size, that leaves a neat feeding compartment which in turn means that I can get 5 frames in, where if it were not so a frame feeder would be required and so only 4 frames could be used.

The new Langstrogh nuc that Swienity have brought out has a space above the frames built in to accommodate fondant/candy and it also takes 6 frames so a frame feeder would still leave room for 5 frames.

Hope that clarifys matters.

PH

I have converted Langstroth nucs to National size, that leaves a neat feeding compartment which in turn means that I can get 5 frames in, where if it were not so a frame feeder would be required and so only 4 frames could be used.

The new Langstrogh nuc that Swienity have brought out has a space above the frames built in to accommodate fondant/candy and it also takes 6 frames so a frame feeder would still leave room for 5 frames.

Hope that clarifys matters.

PH

Yes it does perfectly. I had missed thepoint and hadn't realised you were talking about nucs. Doh!
C

Poly I have just double checked and the nuc I posted in the orginal link is a 6 frame unit, PLUS also includes and acomodates a frame feeder (so actualy a 7 frame nuc), so even better I thinks?

And also as I stated, would not be used for over wintering (current plans anyway)

poly%20nuc.jpg

my nuc box

Just a quick note to all who are discussing my little project.

Many thanks and if anybody is interested, I have a rock climbing helmet in the shop now sent to me by my manufacturers as a sample of polystyrene it is just slightly lighter than they intend to make the boxes for me but the strongest they have molded this year. It is pretty tough and should easily keep my bees safe and sound and with that any of my costumers.

As for delivery times with luck the mold will be made by the beginning of Jan and should be going on the press withing a week or two of then we will have approx 1000 available for dispatch at that point. We are taking orders on line now and they will be dispatched as soon as stock arrives but I will point out over 600 of the 1000 coming into stock are already accounted for in pre-orders from both British and Irish beekeepers

Also a little sub note please excuse my bad spelling as the company grows I will employ professional writers and proof readers for now it is just dyslexic me. Please feel free to point out any mistakes i do not take offense but actually appreciate people reading my work and thanks to one of our very kind customers has done a quick proof reed and I will be making the changes today.

Once again many thanks for the interest

William Alldis

The difference here Jim is I am discussing what exists, you are discussing what might be. What is known as the difference. :)

PH

Might be, but still states a density! That is a difference.Also std national V moding, that is also a difference.

Poly I have just double checked and the nuc I posted in the orginal link is a 6 frame unit, PLUS also includes and acomodates a frame feeder (so actualy a 7 frame nuc), so even better I thinks?

And also as I stated, would not be used for over wintering (current plans anyway)

poly%20nuc.jpg

The nuc is 6 frames plus feeder, the feeder is moulded into the nuc body so as such is not removable, so it is not a 7 frame (unless you take a scalpel to it).

The feeder is stated as holding upto 3.5 litres.

WPF nuc

i thought the prototype at the NHS looked very interesting and am glad to hear that appropriate density poly material has now been sourced. I'll certainly be ordering some to try.

BTW WPF sorry i didnt get a chance to stop and chat but was busy manning the surrey beek info stall then dashing in to do a "days" work before heading to the airport to go home.

Not a problem drstitson I met so many people i was in overload. You know ware we are if you need and questions answered.

Just been to order a couple of Nucs to try but didnt complete as I am required to enter my date of birth. Apart from this being personal, I worry that with this info any credit card details can be used elsewhere. Sorry will order from another supplier.
Cheers
S

stiffy

i note your concern BUT

as you can ONLY pay with Paypal WPF never get your credit card details.

there is an issue with P&P however - £8 at checkout becomes £14 on paypal - looks like paypal fees are being loaded onto the sum.

However i do agree that DOB field is unnecessary AND will put off some potential customers (like yourself).

Sorry about the DOB question this is just so that I can confirm that i am sending bees to people old enough to understand the responsibility of owning bees.

We are currently updating the website so that the extra £6.00 p&p that paypal adds will be removed in fact the whole website will be changing over the next couple of weeks. Our developers are dragging there heals.

Sorry about the DOB question this is just so that I can confirm that i am sending bees to people old enough to understand the responsibility of owning bees.

We are currently updating the website so that the extra £6.00 p&p that paypal adds will be removed in fact the whole website will be changing over the next couple of weeks. Our developers are dragging there heals.

I assume you are meaning sending out nucs of bees here as opposed to the poly nuc boxes?

also, how old do you have to be to get a credit/debit card?

18 for a credit card but PP also allow the use of Debit cards which I think the age is 16 for. So not much use as a filter.

PH

Dob

a child under 16 can have a shotgun licence.

unless you are going to get all RSPCA/PDSA and vet potential owners then anyone with a credit or debit card or paypal account should be free to buy bees or a polystyrene box.

does this mean i am due a refund?

And as for the age thing i am sure you are breaking several EU laws for age discrimination!:leaving::coolgleamA:

maybe you should also set an upper limit as well?

If the age thing is such a problem I will remove it I do like this feedback.

But how many of you filled in you DOB when you signed up to this website and have made a donation to its up keep the same information is gathered by both. NO BANK DETAILS ARE KEPT OR ASKED FOR!!!

any body who has not received a refund for the PP blunder please get in touch via e-mail from our website and i will fix it immediately

Latest posts

Back