Mrs T

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The penny has just dropped!!!

It will cost £8-10 million pounds for a state funeral plus extra security for Lady T. She did as few good things and many terrible things, but I am much less bothered about that, as that is the past. What I am wound up about is that at the same time as cutting some of the state benefits that make some people's lives bearable ( Housing Benefit, Disability Living Allowance) we are also paying out all that for funeral.

Couldn't we have done something cheap? Renamed a Bank Holiday after her or set up a Facebook page in memory of her? Not happy.

I also think that the decision to provide Mrs T with a Ceremonial Funeral of this size was probably a mistake in the present ecnonomc circumstances ... however, for the record:

The rebate she negotiated for this country from the EU has brought us so far £75bn.

So I really don't begrudge her the small percentage of this money that her funeral costs repsresent. It is also arguable that the additional revenue generated by an event of this size in central London will far exceed the cost of the actual funeral.

My bigger worry is that the funeral will provide a focus for the loony left to start riots that the even more loony young thugs (who weren't even born when Maggie was in power) will join in as an exscuse to start another binge of looting and destruction. That WILL cost the country a lot of money (the last ones cost an estimated £100 million !)

Last edited:
Would have been far more sensible to have floated her down the Thames and buried the Lady out to sea......

:ot:

would be company for the lads on the Belgrano

Good idea ,followed by a gang of your ilk dancing on her grave ( Vain hope)
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

School yard humour rules Yeah!
VM

A democracy is all about having a freedom of speech. You have your views and other people have theirs. If you want to push your views, are we not allowed to say what we think about that and say what we think?
After all, many wars and many peoples lives have been lost in the past to give us all this right.
Or do some people have more democratic rights than others?

A democracy is all about having a freedom of speech. You have your views and other people have theirs. If you want to push your views, are we not allowed to say what we think about that and say what we think?
After all, many wars and many peoples lives have been lost in the past to give us all this right.
Or do some people have more democratic rights than others?

YES some people indeed do .
There is no such thing as true democracy !
There are winners and losers !
Waken up and smell the coffee!:D
VM

I wonder if Elton John will try and revive his singing career again with a rendition of Light a candle with my wind?
Or maybe Meatloaf with a modified version - of his classic 'Bat into hell?'

(Is it OK with you if I say that VM? not worthy)

I wonder if Elton John will try and revive his singing career again with a rendition of Light a candle with my wind?
Or maybe Meatloaf with a modified version - of his classic 'Bat into hell?'

(Is it OK with you if I say that VM? not worthy)

You don't need my permission to do anything ,up to and including Hari-Kari !
After all it's Bone Fide humour!
VM :D

careful all,peace and harmony,lets get back to a subject we all agree about,,the best type of honeybee to promote:judge:

careful all,peace and harmony,lets get back to a subject we all agree about,,the best type of honeybee to promote:judge:

JBM shares my warped sense of humour :D
VM

Did anyone else hear the vitriolic attack made about a this recently deceased ex-Prime Minister by the "Honourable" leader of the "Respect" party, George Galloway?

Please help me with my phraseology, is it ironic when the leader of the "Respect" party insults the deceased, is it hypocrisy, is it showing your true colours or can you think of another phrase which describes a vitriolic attack on someone who has passed and is unable to defend themselves?

Did anyone else hear the vitriolic attack made about a this recently deceased ex-Prime Minister by the "Honourable" leader of the "Respect" party, George Galloway?

Please help me with my phraseology, is it ironic when the leader of the "Respect" party insults the deceased, is it hypocrisy, is it showing your true colours or can you think of another phrase which describes a vitriolic attack on someone who has passed and is unable to defend themselves?

You think the worst that ***** has done is slag off Maggie?

I would help with your phraseology abut him..... but ****** ***** **** ****** *** **** *****

"Oxymoron"?

But remember it was St Margaret who choose to turn her own funeral into a political event. She would be delighted to see Georgeous George making a fool of himself again as a result

Latest posts

Back