Potential business startup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come & spend a week with me, it will put you off the life, or convince you otherwise?.
I suffer terribly during June, always seems to be the darkest month when I get the biggest self doubt, I enjoy the winter in the workshop preparing for the next season.

Come & spend a week with me, it will put you off the life, or convince you otherwise?.
I suffer terribly during June, always seems to be the darkest month when I get the biggest self doubt, I enjoy the winter in the workshop preparing for the next season.
Great idea.
I remember JBM doing the same with another commercial beekeeper. It didn’t put him off though

Yeh! Get lost HAL!

Can you do woodwork?
If no, you need to. You can diy and make a lot of your own equipment BUT you need skills to do so.

Have you enough money to live on whilst spending money on equipment?
If no, forget it.

Have you ever been stung by honey bees? If no, you cannot be serious.

Three "nos" and you are having a laugh. Two "nos" and forget it. One "no" and you are will fail.

Finally: have you a Business Plan? If No then your are a dreamer.
If you don't know what that is, you will fail.

The OP has not been on since Tuesday so I presume he’s taken the hint. 😊

If you are thinking a beekeeping business is going to support minimum two people (families ?) Don't do it, unless you have at least 100K to invest, a lot of experience and a love of hard work for an uncertain outcome.
Do a proper business plan, budgets, cashflows then double your costs and halve your income projections. If you still show a positive return you may just stand a chance of making a return.

Back