Get Ready for 2024: Pre-Order Your Live Bees Now! 🌼🐝

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS Honey Bees

New Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
As the year winds down, it's time for all you dedicated beekeepers to think about the next season. Here at BS Honey Bees Ltd, we're thrilled to announce that our pre-orders for live bees in 2024 are now open! 🎉

Whether you're looking to start a new colony or expand your existing hives, we've got you covered. Here are some of the fantastic options we're offering:
  1. 5 Frame Nucleus (Nucs): Our 5 Frame Nucs are the perfect way to start or grow your beekeeping journey. They're buzzing with a mated queen, workers, brood, and stores, ready to thrive in your hive. Honey Bee Nucs for Sale - #1 UK Supplier
  2. Overwintered Nucs: For those who want to hit the ground running, our Overwintered Nucs are a fantastic choice. These colonies have already weathered the winter and are raring to go, ensuring a strong start to your season. Honey Bee Nucs for Sale - #1 UK Supplier
  3. Queen Bees: Looking to requeen your existing hives or create your own nucleus colonies? Our queen bees are bred for their exceptional genetics, promoting a vibrant and productive bee colony. Queen Bees For Sale - Mated 2024 F1 Buckfast & F1 Carniolan Queens
Remember, pre-ordering your live bees ensures you get first pick and helps us plan for a successful 2024 season. 🍯💪

Ready to pre-order or have questions? 🤔 Feel free to reach out to us, and our dedicated team will be happy to assist you.

Don't miss the opportunity to welcome new bees into your apiary next year! 🐝🏡

The BS Honey Bees Ltd Team 🐝

I have nothing to do with BS ….. I’ve always had really good queens from them.

I’ll second that always had decent and reliable queens off them and I do rather like the poly nuc boxes!

Thank you very much for your kind words; we greatly value and appreciate the positive feedback from fellow beekeepers. Your kind words are truly heart-warming and serve as a source of encouragement.

Appreciate this is about bees, but I had a question on the 6 frame poly nuc. I like the design, but are you planning to offer the aluminum divider as a standard option supplied with the nuc, rather than an upgrade? whilst the correx divider is OK to start with, I have found after a couple season of bee wear and tear it can be a PITA to get a decent seal (both on bottom recess of hive and to feeder) when swapping between frame formal. Only had the aluminum divider this season, but seams much better design Thanks

Appreciate this is about bees, but I had a question on the 6 frame poly nuc. I like the design, but are you planning to offer the aluminum divider as a standard option supplied with the nuc, rather than an upgrade? whilst the correx divider is OK to start with, I have found after a couple season of bee wear and tear it can be a PITA to get a decent seal (both on bottom recess of hive and to feeder) when swapping between frame formal. Only had the aluminum divider this season, but seams much better design Thanks
Thank you for your question regarding the 6 frame poly nuc. We understand your concern about the aluminium divider and its potential benefits. However, including it as a standard option with the nuc would significantly increase the overall cost of the unit.

Our supply chain for the water-jetted components, like the aluminium dividers, is currently not structured to support the quantity of boxes sold each season. For example, we typically purchase pallets of 4200 correx dividers (30 day lead time) over the water jet factory supplying a batch of 300 dividers (60 day lead time).

In a highly competitive market, our aim is to offer our customers a choice that aligns with their specific needs. Not everyone utilises the nuc as a 2-in-1 unit, and we believe in providing flexibility and cost-effectiveness. We value your feedback and understand your preference for the aluminium divider. It's an aspect we'll continue to consider as we aim to strike the right balance between cost and functionality for our customers. Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
:iagree: The nucs are great but the Correx divider isn’t the best…. might try to knock up a couple from thin ply.

Latest posts

Back