πŸ‘‘πŸ Attention Beekeepers! Buckfast Queens Available for Dispatch! πŸ‘‘πŸ

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS Honey Bees

New Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Looking to save your strong Queenless hives early this season? Look no further! BS Honey Bees Ltd is thrilled to announce that our first batch of Mated Buckfast Queens will be ready for dispatch starting Monday, 25th March 2024.

With the beekeeping season kicking off earlier than usual, now is the perfect time to save your colonies. Many beekeepers are eager to save their strong but early Queenless colonies, and our Buckfast Queens offer the ideal solution.

Act fast as our first batch is in limited supply! Place your order early to avoid disappointment. Plus, enjoy the flexibility of selecting your own dispatch date. Whether you opt for collection or delivery, you can choose the date that suits you best (delivery day subject to postage method chosen).

Don't miss out on this prime opportunity! Order your Buckfast Queens today and give your colonies the royal treatment they deserve. 🍯🐝

https://www.bshoneybees.co.uk/buckfastqueen

#BuckfastQueens #BeekeepingSeason #StrengthenYourColonies #BSHoneyBeesLtd

I note the Qs are marked green = 2024. Surely they were raised and mated in 2023?
In their FAQ there is a question "Where do you import your queens from?". The answer is:

Our Queens are supplied to us imported from Hungary, North Italy & Greece. All queens arrive into the UK with full health certification and are checked by a bee inspector on arrival.

I should imagine Greece has a head start on our queen breeding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I note the Qs are marked green = 2024. Surely they were raised and mated in 2023?
These are imports, unless Overwintered, you would not get any UK mated Queens until May earliest. Any before this time would be imports / overwintered.

We offer UK mated Queens in May in the form of our Essex Buckfast Queens - https://www.bshoneybees.co.uk/essexbuckfast.

The highest demand is mainly in April / early May, which goes to show the UK's reliance on quality imported stock.

Latest posts

Back