First Queens Of The Season

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Mountain Honey

New Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Number of Hives
🐝👑🌸 Exciting News for Beekeepers! 🌸👑🐝

🌟 Introducing the Arrival of the first batch of F1 Buckfast Queens for 2024 at Black Mountain Honey 🌟

👑 Limited in number and unparalleled in quality, these F1 Buckfast queens can transform your beekeeping! 👑

Why are we so proud of our unique line of Buckfast queens?

🌼 Elite Genetics: Bred from the esteemed Buckfast lineage, these queens boast superior traits that promise increased productivity and resilience in your colonies.

🐝 Unrivalled Performance: Experience the benefits of gentle temperament, prolific brood production, and exceptional honey-gathering abilities characteristic of Buckfast bees.

🌺 Spring Rejuvenation: As spring blooms into full splendour, there's no better time to requeen your colonies. Spring is nature's invitation for renewal and growth, making it the perfect season to introduce new genetics and set the stage for a prosperous year ahead.

⏳ Act Fast! ⏳

With limited availability, securing your F1 Buckfast queens is a race against time. Don't miss out on this golden opportunity to transform your apiary and witness your colonies flourish like never before. We will sell out before they arrive!

📦 Reserve Your Queens Today! 📦

👑 Don't Delay, Upgrade Your Queens Today! 👑

Buy HERE - https://www.blackmountainhoney.co.uk/product-page/f1-buckfast-mated-queen-2024

Just had a chat with my bees about this. They told me to beware of these “elites” as they’re trying to take over everything. They reckon they could even be trans bees with implants from some neural company thingy.
Anyway they were miffed I suggested this “upgrade” as they’ve been looking after their local queens all Winter, stuck inside these boxes in the pouring rain and they are doing more than fine, now Spring is almost here.
They said I’ll be delighted with the amount of brood when I rip their home apart in April and they promised to be on their best behaviour when I do…..

Just had a chat with my bees about this. They told me to beware of these “elites” as they’re trying to take over everything. They reckon they could even be trans bees with implants from some neural company thingy.
Anyway they were miffed I suggested this “upgrade” as they’ve been looking after their local queens all Winter, stuck inside these boxes in the pouring rain and they are doing more than fine, now Spring is almost here.
They said I’ll be delighted with the amount of brood when I rip their home apart in April and they promised to be on their best behaviour when I do…..
To be fair to you, that's an awesome reply! LOL

To be fair to you, that's an awesome reply! LOL
Thanks for saying so🤗
I started with Buckfast from Peter Little and they were lovely bees. I’m sure yours are too. Now mine have become local mongrels, but they, (the bees), reckon diversity is their strength.🤪
Should I need to re queen because of bad attitude, (I have only experienced one really bad lot so far), I would certainly contact you. I wish you well👍

Thanks for saying so🤗
I started with Buckfast from Peter Little and they were lovely bees. I’m sure yours are too. Now mine have become local mongrels, but they, (the bees), reckon diversity is their strength.🤪
Should I need to re queen because of bad attitude, (I have only experienced one really bad lot so far), I would certainly contact you. I wish you well👍
Well this is a very lovely interchange. Thank you!

Peter Little was a fantastic man.

I remember calling him up to discuss a Pure Buckfast queen I had on order and he wasn't very well at all, but still made time to do what he loved best - chat about bees and beekeeping. He is sorely missed within the beekeeping community! His bees were brilliant.

All the best of luck for the season.

To redress the balance.
I have one of Laurence’s queens. Last week I managed to find a quick window in this awful weather to move them from their nuc to a full size box. Just as well. Three and a half frames of brood no space. Really pleased.
This is a sales page. If you’re not interested in Buckies what”s the point in having a poke. Nobody is having a go at BS who are also advertising queens.

I'll agree, had a few of Laurence the past couple of years and they have all been absolute beasts. No doubt I'll be ordering a couple more for some early season splits next week.
Thanks Damo. Glad they are doing well for you :)

To redress the balance.
I have one of Laurence’s queens. Last week I managed to find a quick window in this awful weather to move them from their nuc to a full size box. Just as well. Three and a half frames of brood no space. Really pleased.
This is a sales page. If you’re not interested in Buckies what”s the point in having a poke. Nobody is having a go at BS who are also advertising queens.
Thanks Dani :)

🐝👑🌸 Exciting News for Beekeepers! 🌸👑🐝

🌟 Introducing the Arrival of the first batch of F1 Buckfast Queens for 2024 at Black Mountain Honey 🌟

👑 Limited in number and unparalleled in quality, these F1 Buckfast queens can transform your beekeeping! 👑

Why are we so proud of our unique line of Buckfast queens?

🌼 Elite Genetics: Bred from the esteemed Buckfast lineage, these queens boast superior traits that promise increased productivity and resilience in your colonies.

🐝 Unrivalled Performance: Experience the benefits of gentle temperament, prolific brood production, and exceptional honey-gathering abilities characteristic of Buckfast bees.

🌺 Spring Rejuvenation: As spring blooms into full splendour, there's no better time to requeen your colonies. Spring is nature's invitation for renewal and growth, making it the perfect season to introduce new genetics and set the stage for a prosperous year ahead.

⏳ Act Fast! ⏳

With limited availability, securing your F1 Buckfast queens is a race against time. Don't miss out on this golden opportunity to transform your apiary and witness your colonies flourish like never before. We will sell out before they arrive!

📦 Reserve Your Queens Today! 📦

👑 Don't Delay, Upgrade Your Queens Today! 👑

Buy HERE - https://www.blackmountainhoney.co.uk/product-page/f1-buckfast-mated-queen-2024
Are they your own over wintered queens reared in North wales or have you imported them? Or maybe you have managed to rear some early queens in N. Wales but I doubt it given the awful weather.

Are they your own over wintered queens reared in North wales or have you imported them? Or maybe you have managed to rear some early queens in N. Wales but I doubt it given the awful weather.
These ones are imported from Melita Bees in Malta 🇲🇹

We have our first UK mated queens available around the first week of June

I'll agree, had a few of Laurence the past couple of years and they have all been absolute beasts. No doubt I'll be ordering a couple more for some early season splits next week.
I had a couple of Queen’s from Laurence last year and they did brilliantly well. I have 3 yellow Queen’s which I will replace this year with BMH Queen’s. However, it’s still a while away for me to be thinking about inspecting never mind making splits, here in the north of Cumbria. We are struggling to even make double figures temperature wise 🥶.

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    848.3 KB · Views: 0
I had a couple of Queen’s from Laurence last year and they did brilliantly well. I have 3 yellow Queen’s which I will replace this year with BMH Queen’s. However, it’s still a while away for me to be thinking about inspecting never mind making splits, here in the north of Cumbria. We are struggling to even make double figures temperature wise 🥶.
Glad they are doing well! Beautiful pic of that queen :)

Back