Mead

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey, water, yeast?

Edit: I believe Lalvin D47 is meant to be a good yeast for mead. You may want to add some black tea for the tannins and possibly some yeast nutrient. Measure sugar content at start and end, treat as any wine when fermenting. Think mead usually best once aged.

Last edited:
There is no easy method! Both my two attempts went into the local sewer!

What are those?
Broad beans
In Welsh Ffâ is the gereric term for beans of all kinds but primarily broad beans, a favourite summer dish for us was pȋs a ffâ Broad beans and peas) served with bread and butter
Even have a Welsh pop group called (translated into English) coffee beans for everyone or in Welsh 'Ffâ coffi bawb' - 'i bawb' is the 'for everyone' bit of the sentence, work out the rest yourselves 😁

I believe Lalvin D47 is meant to be a good yeast for mead
[/QUOTE]
From my limited experiences of drinking mead ( and I do like the odd drop of alcoholic beverage now and again and again ) I think the addition of WD40 might lead to an improved palatability .

There is no easy method! Both my two attempts went into the local sewer!
Yep ... Honey, water, yeast and hope for the best .... oh ... and wait a year to find out that it's totally undrinkable. Sell the honey and buy a decent bottle of Scotch ....

Latest posts

Back