Fondant recipe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By volume
4 parts white sugar + 4 parts 2:1 syrup + 3 parts water

Boil the water and slowly add the sugar and syrup, stirring until all is dissolved. Heat until the temperature reaches 114°C. Cool without mixing, and when just warm to the touch begin to mix again and allow the mixture to air, it should lighten in colour.

How much are you making?

i dont use bako or the like fondant folks 🙂
I have some sacks of organic sugar and I want to make some fondant for feeding colony’s , the fondant I use cost thrice the price buying from the suppliers .
I have the packaging boxes and reels of strong seliphane

Or there again you could buy organic fondant from Fortnum and Masons and have it delivered personally by a flunky in a stretched limo ...

https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/organic-cane-sugar.html
But ... the good news is that if they make honey from it and you extract it you could sell it as bee processed organic sugar honey ... probably need to put your price up to £30/lb though ...

By volume
4 parts white sugar + 4 parts 2:1 syrup + 3 parts water

Boil the water and slowly add the sugar and syrup, stirring until all is dissolved. Heat until the temperature reaches 114°C. Cool without mixing, and when just warm to the touch begin to mix again and allow the mixture to air, it should lighten in colour.

How much are you making?
Thanks Dani if I looked on here there was a video I can’t remember who it was making it though.

Why on earth are you trying to do this for a commercial unit? It will take you ages. Will they pay you a proper hourly rate for your time? Your employers must be mad. They can't produce organic honey after all, can they? Are you counseling them against this? You should be. You're the beekeeper after all ..... their noddles seem to be full of nonsense

so 'organic' sugar with a mahoosive carbon footprint as it has to be shipped halfway around the world, not to mention the far from 'fair' treatment to subsistence sugarcane farmers that these sugar companies give.
Nothing but middle class virtue signalling

i dont use bako or the like fondant folks 🙂
I have some sacks of organic sugar and I want to make some fondant for feeding colony’s , the fondant I use cost thrice the price buying from the suppliers .
I have the packaging boxes and reels of strong seliphane
Then you haven't seen this then:

https://hbingredients.co.uk/products/o-fon15

It's only less than twice the price of their regular fondant. It's only 86p per kilo more ... and Bako do deals on volume

https://hbingredients.co.uk/products/s-fonsw12-5
Though, from any normal beekeeping viewpoint it's madness anyway ...

But if you feed them enough syrup or leave them honey you won’t need
Why on earth are you trying to do this for a commercial unit? It will take you ages. Will they pay you a proper hourly rate for your time? Your employers must be mad. They can't produce organic honey after all, can they? Are you counseling them against this? You should be. You're the beekeeper after all ..... their noddles seem to be full of nonsense
It’s nowt to do with my employer but again thanks for the recipe, I won’t post next time for help on here but thanks anyway.

Well if you’d said it was an experiment you’d have got lots of different recipes and no single comment on why a bee farmer was making his own fondant

Well if you’d said it was an experiment you’d have got lots of different recipes and no single comment on why a bee farmer was making his own fondant
Yeah maybe so but what’s wrong with a beefarmer making there own fondant most of it will get used for queen rearing .

Back