Market

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pargyle, really helpful. I saw the hexagonal jars the other day at a show and thought it made the honey look really eye catching. Definitely an avenue to go down (I think). They also won the show but I'm guessing that took more than the shape of a jar!

Here lays a problem... the BBKA who seem to be stuck in the middle of the last century... well at least in this area... ONLY allow entries of honey competitions in the old fashioned round 1lb honey jars with screw on lids.

Solid floors, matchsticks and pristine white beesuits with big heavy leather gloves brigade!:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

God bless the Village Green Preservation Society..... God save little shops, china cups and virginity.......:icon_204-2:

Yeghes da

Which companies buy honey in bulk and what is the minimum quantity they'll buy at.

As above, we have a market stall which started in May and although very successful the margin is still tight. There is competition from a farmers market that buy their honey in from a local keeper and sell at almost the same price, we have found that using our honey in jams and pickles
as a sugar replacement and promoting this has really made the stall successful. A lot of our custom is return which helps in preparation. I do not take a wage but pay my eldest and one part timer.

Latest posts

Back