Mann lake email

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alldigging

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Yesterday, at 2.00pm, we were advised that Mann Lake Ltd USA, due to financial pressures in the U.S. are no longer able to support the growing business of Mann Lake UK. To compound the shock of this news to us, this withdrawal of their support will take effect from 5.00pm on Friday 1st of July 2016.

I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that all orders that have been placed with Mann Lake will be fulfilled.

We at Mann Lake UK, have a dedicated, knowledgeable team of people who, whilst devastated at the news we have just received, are working hard to put together a viable business model for the future, so that we can continue to work together to supply the beekeepers of the UK and Europe with the highest quality beekeeping equipment and related goods.

For the meantime we remain open for business and we are viewing this change in circumstances as a growth opportunity. Although this is clearly not a situation that we would have wished for, it only represents a set-back for us as we will continue to sell our UK sourced products via our new website.

We thank you for your support, and look forward to working with you again soon.

I was a few minutes behind you, could this be a result of Brexit? in that mann lake USA wants the european market as well

only aware of mann lake in USA and UK, if were pushing for Europe they would pile money into UK branch for stronger growth and market lead instead of cutting the cash flow.
just canceled nuc orders from Mann lake and refund of monies was from USA office indicating accounts for Uk are via USA, this is more of a sink or swim scenario from the USA to Uk branch

if were pushing for Europe they would pile money into UK branch for stronger growth and market lead instead of cutting the cash flow.

And take a huge gamble as to what the future trading arrangements would be between our little island and the continent? if European trading is the plan They are probably being more sensible and trying to base themselves in Europe not next door :D

Maybe they are just having cash flow problems?

And take a huge gamble as to what the future trading arrangements would be between our little island and the continent? if European trading is the plan They are probably being more sensible and trying to base themselves in Europe not next door :D

With curiosity I await them where in Europe they will open new branch.. Maybe will be available to get their plastic foundations for reasonable shipping price.. Not to pay more for shipping than for package value..

true, drop the little man and move over the wash !

I was a few minutes behind you, could this be a result of Brexit? in that mann lake USA wants the european market as well

If the UK branch is commercially viable it should be able to carry on. If not it'll close down and we are back to where we were a couple of years ago. I've never used them, preferring to make my own or give my business to UK sources wherever possible.
Life ain't easy but we have to cope.

ML are a co-operative. They have unfilled vacancies due to being out in the sticks (local US paper).
I guess UK expanding meant a huge cashflow drain..Given the fall in sterling means probably a 10% price increase, I expect they see business falling and are worried about future cashflows.

I'm rather saddened by this - whilst I would love to buy British and the quality from the big suppliers here is great, Mann lake offer a budget solution for those who can't always afford the best stuff.
I am a newish beek who has rapidly increased my number of hives, but I would not have been able to do this without the budget suppliers out there. And before someone tells me to buy in the sales - sometimes you just need stuff now!

I hope Mann lake uk keep can find a business model that works - and that caters to the budget end of the market. Luckily for me I'm kind of maxed out on kit for now but there are many Beeks who will really miss Mann lake if they close.

I wonder how much the bad summers are affecting Mann Lake UK. If beekeepers are struggling with the effects of the weather and lack of honey flow then they are going to be spending less money.

I wonder how much the bad summers are affecting Mann Lake UK. If beekeepers are struggling with the effects of the weather and lack of honey flow then they are going to be spending less money.

its must be hurting them, some of there nuc packages are behind now 8 weeks and getting longer must be some financial loss there. non of it there fault and bad season has a knock on effect must do !
I wish them all the best.. I for one will still deal with them

As BBKA membership has nearly trebled since 2009, lots more beekeepers needing lots of new equipment.

(drinking before posting is a bad idea)

Thorne must be over the moon here is a email i received not long ago.

Dear Beekeeper

The long range weather forecast isn't too bad so we hope for a good July with the lime, blackberry and heather yielding lots of honey.

We will be having many special offers over the next few weeks so keep a close eye on our website.

To kick off, there will be a SUPER sale starting online at 5.30pm, today, 29th July. It will end at midnight on Monday 3rd July. We'll also take telephone orders during normal working hours starting on Thursday morning. Normal carriage paid rates apply for the UK - ie £100.00 online or £200.00 on the telephone.

Prices are

National Super, empty, flat 12.00

National Super, complete with 10 SN1 frames and wired foundation on castellated spacers, flat 22.00

National Super, complete with 12 SN4 frames, flat 25.00

National Super, empty, assembled 16.00

National Super, complete with 10 SN1 frames and wired foundation on castellated spacers, assembled 30.00

National Super, complete with 12 SN4 frames and wired foundation, assembled 34.00

10 National Supers, empty, flat 110.00

10 National Supers, complete with 10 SN1 frames and wired foundation on castellated spacers, flat 200.00

10 National Supers, complete with 12 SN4 frames and wired foundation, flat 230.00

You need to be ready for the honey flow and we're ready with the things you need.

We won't be emailing you again in July as we know how annoying constant emails can be but, just to repeat, there will be lots more offers over the coming weeks.

Happy Beekeeping

E.H. Thorne (Beehives) Ltd, Beehive Business Park, Rand, Market Rasen, LN8 5NJ www.thorne.co.uk [email protected] 01673 858555

The long range weather forecast isn't too bad so we hope for a good July with the lime, blackberry and heather yielding lots of honey.

( not to bad means not great )

You need to be ready for the honey flow and we're ready with the things you need.

( he he comedy central )

We won't be emailing you again in July as we know how annoying constant emails can be but, just to repeat, there will be lots more offers over the coming weeks.

( yes very )

Just had my first order from them, but wax candle moulds, because I preferred the designs compared to Big T.

but now, I'm more savvy, I've now been purchasing offshore from Europe, e.g. Germany!

Much cheaper!

( not to bad means not great )

( he he comedy central )

( yes very )

a sale in june by thornes, means they must really have a lot of unsold stock due to bad weather, so man lake demise could be the same

Latest posts

Back