Latest snake-oil varroa treatment pretending not to be a varroa treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presumably Oxalic acid based ... certainly unlicensed ... whether they do anything who knows ? Some people on here are using OA impregnated strips and seem to find them of benefit.

Reactions: mbc
I’ll throw this in as well.
It’s full of chatter but there are a few suggestions that Oxalic is not the magic bullet a lot of us think it is

Presumably Oxalic acid based ... certainly unlicensed ... whether they do anything who knows ? Some people on here are using OA impregnated strips and seem to find them of benefit.
Unlicensed yes, but they are used for hive cleansing so don't need licensing 😂

I’ll throw this in as well.
It’s full of chatter but there are a few suggestions that Oxalic is not the magic bullet a lot of us think it is

I watched that video and what struck me is that things are very different over there, clearly they were aiming at going into autumn with less than 1% mite loads, also unless I missed it while having a snooze they were only discussing oxalic acid administered by vape.
I think things are so different perhaps because their bee yards tend to be packed with so many more colonies than we sim for.

I challenged this seller some days ago and oddly not had a reply. No why might that be I ponder....LOL

PH

I challenged this seller some days ago and oddly not had a reply. No why might that be I ponder....LOL

PH

The ad has now vanished from the FB page in question. Maybe he sold out .....

EDIT - I like to think that the harsh light of publicity from this esteemed forum has shamed him into withdrawing the product. Probably not though.

There are much new varroa reports on COLOSS project. I wonder if some individual beekeeper can tell about " the future of varroa treatment".
Who is so wise that he knows, where we are going? And in what part of the world?

There are much new varroa reports on COLOSS project. I wonder if some individual beekeeper can tell about " the future of varroa treatment".
Who is so wise that he knows, where we are going? And in what part of the world?

Stop it. Not in this thread. If you want to start that again, start your own thread please.

A little point, but in the photo it also doesn't have the current hazardous warning sign on it. The Black cross on a orange square is the old one, which went out of use at least 5 years ago.

Hi Guys, I put varroa strips (al la Scientiffic Beekeepong) in all three colonies this year and skipped the Jan vape. So far so good - all flying today.

Latest posts

Back