Labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly Bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Anyone out there know of a label maker for my jars? I want to use my own photo and not one from Thorne's or wherever that are rather on the spenny side too. Thanks.

Anyone out there know of a label maker for my jars? I want to use my own photo and not one from Thorne's or wherever that are rather on the spenny side too. Thanks.
I made my own as I didn't need many. Bought A4 sheets of adhesive paper, printed them at work on their colour copiers (with permission!) and cut them by hand.

Took ages to cut them out and peeling the backing off was a pain so probably not a route I'd go down if I have loads to label.

Attachments

• 20240911_210932.jpg
    20240911_210932.jpg
    1 MB
I made my own as I didn't need many. Bought A4 sheets of adhesive paper, printed them at work on their colour copiers (with permission!) and cut them by hand.

Took ages to cut them out and peeling the backing off was a pain so probably not a route I'd go down if I have loads to label.
Well done you! Sadly I don’t have that kind of printer so would still need to get them printed somewhere but I could have a try I guess. Thanks for imprinting the idea - sorry couldn’t resist. I’ll mull when I walk the dog now!

Avery type labels Can be printed on a normal domestic i kjet printer, but you are limited as to shape.
I use Maismores, they are obliging if you want to vary a bit from a standard label - eg I skip the bbe and lot number and add it with a tiny avery label, that way I can buy a decent amount at a time (500).

I skip the bbe and lot number and add it with a tiny avery label, that way I can buy a decent amount at a time (500).
I just have 'BBE see base' on the label and use a label gun for the BB date, a standard single line label gun is cheap as chips (even a two line label gun so you can add a batch number doesn't cost the earth) and date labels don't cost much for rolls of thousands.

Thorne offer a service for unique labels, you provide the photo. IIRC, Maisemore offer the same.
I use one of Thorne's own, the best before and lot numbers are left blank and this info is added with a fine indelible pen so I order 1000 at a time along with tamper evident and granulation labels. They do some nice standard labels, I've only ever had compliments for the presentation of my honey.

Try Stikaroo ... Mikey is very helpful - he does all my labels (honey, jam and preserves) - he will work with your digital photos and incorporate whatever text you want - he will do small runs as well - you won't need to buy thousands. He does either paper or waterproof vinyl - I use the latter, they cost a bit more but they last a lot longer on the jar and don't smudge or wear

https://stikaroo.co.uk/.

Just use Microsoft Word, or similar word processor, to create pages in label format, with your own pictures etc. You can then get pre-cut pages of labels e.g. 3x7 per page and print them direct.

Latest posts

Back