Granulation label

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I don’t think a granulation label is a legal requirement. I lost a sale due to the label as the Thornes label has a bold headline of ‘Granulated Honey’!
It’s made me think, perhaps it’s unnecessary… but I do know there is a warning about honey being unsuitable for infants under 12 months.
What do others think?

I use the maisemore one that explains how to re-liquify plus has the warning re infants. It's a transparent label so much less visually prominent than the main label.

I don’t think a granulation label is a legal requirement. I
It's not and IMHO a ridiculous obsession with some to put it on their honey jars
I do know there is a warning about honey being unsuitable for infants under 12 months.
Which is not a legal requirement either.
Just the usual story of the usual culprits trying to make it as difficult as they can for other beekeepers

I don’t think a granulation label is a legal requirement. I lost a sale due to the label as the Thornes label has a bold headline of ‘Granulated Honey’!
It’s made me think, perhaps it’s unnecessary… but I do know there is a warning about honey being unsuitable for infants under 12 months.
What do others think?
I use the same label and don’t know if it suppresses sales as I only sell through a local shop. I believed the “infant warning“ was a requirement, so will look that up, as well as the Maisemore label.

It's not and IMHO a ridiculous obsession with some to put it on their honey jars

Which is not a legal requirement either.
Just the usual story of the usual culprits trying to make it as difficult as they can for other beekeepers
The granulation label is horses for courses as far as I am concerned. I live on the edge of a major Conurbation, some people think 1 sugar crystal in the jar means it's gone off as they have never seen honey other than perfect supermarket runny honey in a squeezey bottle shaped like a bear.

This is what I put on the extra label. Yes I do print it myself. I print all my labels on a simple black and white laser printer.
No comments on the word 'raw' please:icon_204-2:

Somerset Wetlands’ HONEY is pure, natural, raw honey harvested from my hives situated in the small village of Stoke St Gregory in the Somerset levels. The flora is varied including wild flowers, trees and crops that grow in the area. The nectar from these different flowers throughout the season produces a unique flavour and colour for each honey harvest.

This honey is extracted and presented to you as a natural product.

Natural honey may ‘cloud’ and set with time. This is a natural process and will not spoil the honey in any way. The fine specks that may be visible in the honey are grains of pollen that help to make up the ‘body and taste’ of a particular crop.

It is best kept at room temperature in a dry cupboard with the lid firmly in place.

Mine just say Suffolk Honey with all the typical requirements. Produce of UK, lot number, BB, weight & contact details…………….don’t seem to have a problem with sales:)

This is what I put on the extra label. Yes I do print it myself. I print all my labels on a simple black and white laser printer.
No comments on the word 'raw' please:icon_204-2:

Somerset Wetlands’ HONEY is pure, natural, raw honey harvested from my hives situated in the small village of Stoke St Gregory in the Somerset levels. The flora is varied including wild flowers, trees and crops that grow in the area. The nectar from these different flowers throughout the season produces a unique flavour and colour for each honey harvest.

This honey is extracted and presented to you as a natural product.

Natural honey may ‘cloud’ and set with time. This is a natural process and will not spoil the honey in any way. The fine specks that may be visible in the honey are grains of pollen that help to make up the ‘body and taste’ of a particular crop.

It is best kept at room temperature in a dry cupboard with the lid firmly in place.
Nothing about the legs,antennae etc? ;)

Latest posts

Back