Just for some fun.... an excuse to smile.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a simca back in the early 1970s. Powerful little beast but oh the price of spares! And a long journey to the nearest dealer before t'internet and online shopping
I had a diesel Peugot 405 (handy little hatch behind the rear armrest to pop fishing rod in from the boot) and a 406 (won't mention the spec. on that) in work best cars I ever had. Broke my heart when I had to say goodbye to my 405

Yes. I myself am not fond of French cars..

These days you don't really know what is a French car and what isn't. Even Nissan used a Renault engine in the Micra at one point I believe. And as far as I'm aware it was considered absolutely bulletproof at the time.

James

I had a simca back in the early 1970s. Powerful little beast but oh the price of spares! And a long journey to the nearest dealer before t'internet and online shopping
Well, depending on the model and date of your Simca, it is possible that it had a Galician "Barreiros" engine because shortly after Chrysler acquired the French Simca, it reached an agreement with the Spanish Barreiros, which was going through bad times. Thus Chrysler would manufacture 2 models, the Dodge Dart (completely American premium version) and the Simca (basic model but with a Barreiros engine) for the Spanish market. In exchange, Barreiros could market its trucks and tractors in the USA (something that never happened because Chryslet boasted the production of the John Deere)

These days you don't really know what is a French car and what isn't. Even Nissan used a Renault engine in the Micra at one point I believe. And as far as I'm aware it was considered absolutely bulletproof at the time.

James
Bulletproof maybe, but was it any good as a car? ;)

Depends what you expected of it, I guess :) They made a special edition that always amused me when I saw it on the road... The Micra Wave. (Yes, really.)

James
On the subject of cars. I came across this motoring related post. "
My friend famously kept a caller on for one hour. On another
occasion, he was asked about an accident that was not his fault. He
explained they were running late for a dinner engagement and there was
a red traffic light but because they were late they went through the
red light to save time and a car came from the side and collided with
their car. 'In what way was this not your fault', he was asked.
'Because my wife was driving'."

I had a diesel Peugot 405 (handy little hatch behind the rear armrest to pop fishing rod in from the boot)
When our car was full of people, the dog would have to go in the boot, then stick his head through that hatch to continue to be part of the family.

When our car was full of people, the dog would have to go in the boot, then stick his head through that hatch to continue to be part of the family.
My grandfather's friend, Cis Pantycoedcae, back in the fifties had an old Jaguar with a hole in the boot lid - he used to drive all the way to Scotland to go shooting, and his dog, a Setter used to travel all the way up there in the boot with his head sticking out of the hole

Oh to have a name like that ;)
common naming convention with us Cis is short for Cecil (his brother, a close friend of my other grandfather, and father was called Meirion, a renowned musician and bard) Pantycoedcae was the name of the smallholding where they were born and raised and roughly means the valley/glen bordering the mountain.

Among all travesty, one of our ministers spent " EU money" for her birthday party and other entertaining purposes..
Our prime minister said for her she was great and expert for EU funds for years :ROFLMAO:..

Dad to son:
"Are you excited about Santa coming this year?"
Son: "Well sort of, but I don't know what I want...."
Dad: "What do you mean, you are super keen about getting a new bike aren't you? You've been saying that for ages."
Son: Nah, not any more, I found one behind the cupboard in the utility room.

Latest posts

Back