Is this the best extractor EVER ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For cleaning extractor I use a pressure washer with cold water which knocks most of the small bits of wax off. Let that lot flow off then fill the tank up to the top and turn the handle a few times over a couple of hours . Then empty the tank and when empty give a power washer rinse and leave to drain and leave upside down in the sun to dry off. I then leave it covered with a cheap tarpaulin until needed next season with a rinse before use. My experience with warm water is that it makes wax bits stick harder to metal.
I wrap the top of my extractor with pallet wrap after cleaning and drying ...seals it upwell and keeps any little critters out. Cheap as chips on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triplast-4...p&qid=1670889641&sprefix=pallet,aps,87&sr=8-5

same as mine (i bought 8 years ago at a bee market from a guy who was stopping keeping)

superb
Yes ...i bought mine from the estate of a local beekeeper - not used for some years and filthy... but I can't fault it in anyway except for the fact that the legs have to come off it to go through the kitchen door !

Best extractor is one that suits your needs. How many frames it fits is just bragging rights.
Mine ia an old EH Taylor three frame food grade plastic tangential that cost me a tennner, since spent a couple hundred to convert it to 9F radial with DC electric motor and 36v supply. Suits my 5 - 10 hives quite nicely.

Latest posts

Back