Id possible burying bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark55554

New Bee
Reaction score
I have noticed some high bee activity at the back of one of my flowerbeds and it seems to be mostly at ground level. I think there may be an underground bees nest.

I have attempted to take a few pics and would like to identify the species. They are not great as I don't want to disturb them.

Can anyone tell me what they are?

Also, I was attempting to plant in that 20230524_180023.jpg20230524_153231.jpg20230524_175834.jpgspot and nearby. How far is such a nest likely to stretch?

I have noticed some high bee activity at the back of one of my flowerbeds and it seems to be mostly at ground level. I think there may be an underground bees nest.

I have attempted to take a few pics and would like to identify the species. They are not great as I don't want to disturb them.

Can anyone tell me what they are?

Also, I was attempting to plant in that View attachment 36326View attachment 36327View attachment 36328spot and nearby. How far is such a nest likely to stretch?
They’re lovely little critters, it would be a pity to disturb them. It’s often difficult for them to find good nesting sites.

They’re lovely little critters, it would be a pity to disturb them. It’s often difficult for them to find good nesting sites.
I will leave the area that I think is the entrance but will plant further down by building a bed rather than digging. Should not disturb them then. I am planting flowers, principally for bees and butterflies, so don't want to upset my customers.

The bees are solitary though many will use the same entrance, then they all have their own little burrow to prepare next years off spring .

Latest posts

Back