I-phone to Android

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look - I can't sleep because Covid, because Trump, because the planet's on fire, because supply chains in January, because we're going to be supplanted by intelligent machines ... You guys are not helping!

Then I won't tell what's coming next..

Have a good sleep (you will need it)

:alien:

Look - I can't sleep because Covid, because Trump, because the planet's on fire, because supply chains in January, because we're going to be supplanted by intelligent machines ... You guys are not helping!
Then I won't tell what's coming next..
Have a good sleep
Just remember to turn off your wifi before going to bed, otherwise talktalk will sneak upstairs and interfere with you as you sleep. ;)

Just remember to turn off your wifi before going to bed, otherwise talktalk will sneak upstairs and interfere with you as you sleep. ;)
I worry about people who have that Alexa woman sneaking around all the time - a proper know it all ... I have enough with 'er indoors ....

Didn't I put something on one of these threads about the weird way modern tech distorts language? Talktalk is what I'm supposed to use (but don't) to access this forum, isn't it? So I'm supposed to talk talk to you guys using, er, written text
:unsure:

I worry about people who have that Alexa woman sneaking around all the time - a proper know it all ... I have enough with 'er indoors ....
A couple of my staff, sat at adjacent desks, were discussing the benefits of one product over another when Siri “suggested” which one to buy on both of their iPhones.

A couple of my staff, sat at adjacent desks, were discussing the benefits of one product over another when Siri “suggested” which one to buy on both of their iPhones.
They must have been talking too loud and playing on their phones when they should have been working 😂
Caught out!

You will be the first to hear when I have finished my next book - it will detail simple, jargon-free methods to prevent them taking your information AND even get you off their databases.
As to the government being trusted wit your data - ummm, if they are not good at getting the databases set up, imagine how inept they would be at protecting your information.
I am not surprised that India has this all sorted out, the Indian computer programmers were responsible for most of the UK banking software. Yes UK companies got the contracts, but they outsourced the work to India!

I'm not sure it's the governments we necessarily need to worry about so much as large private companies that seem to think they can impose their views on the masses, from social media banning and removing posts they don't agree with to large online selling channels targeting you with similar items to those you've already bought, and I'm sure it will happen soon if not already your friendly local supermarket scanning the other store cards in your wallet by way of RFID to see who else you shop with and 'suggesting' to you that they sell the same items cheaper.

I'm not sure it's the governments we necessarily need to worry about so much as large private companies that seem to think they can impose their views on the masses, from social media banning and removing posts they don't agree with to large online selling channels targeting you with similar items to those you've already bought, and I'm sure it will happen soon if not already your friendly local supermarket scanning the other store cards in your wallet by way of RFID to see who else you shop with and 'suggesting' to you that they sell the same items cheaper.
Anyone holding your data is a potential risk because it is never 100% secure. In fact the law states that inaccurate data is not allowed to be held, resulting in data checking (one company comparing its data with another company), thus they start collecting vast amounts of information about you. And eventually it can get into the wrong hands.
If you use a store loyalty card you are signing up to massive data collection and sharing. What do you mean you didn't read the terms and conditions?

You know when you have succeeded in keeping your information secret when the credit reference companies don't know what credit cards you use (despite having the same ones for over thirty years and the same house.. and the same name)

The Inland Revenue website for self-assessment refused to believe I existed for two years and I had to complete returns manually. (they eventually decided I existed)

You know when you have succeeded in keeping your information secret when the credit reference companies don't know what credit cards you use (despite having the same ones for over thirty years and the same house.. and the same name)

The Inland Revenue website for self-assessment refused to believe I existed for two years and I had to complete returns manually. (they eventually decided I existed)
Sounds like you are in the same line of work as myself. Experion asked me in an interview "why are you not on our records", I just smileld...........

Sounds like you are in the same line of work as myself. Experion asked me in an interview "why are you not on our records", I just smileld...........
I was an accountant/FD, previously a systems analyst and programmer...

Latest posts

Back