I-phone to Android

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But regardless of these concerns, the cashless society is headiing our way and we will all soon have a global “digital identity“
See mcinsey.com “Digital identification A key to inclusive growth”
I have worked on enough gov IT projects to know they won't manage it for decades. Sure, companies will get a ton of cash for trying, but they won't pull it off.
Technically big brother can be watching you, but it won't be the government. You are more likely to be tracked in everything you do by facebook etc.
I worked on this waste of money years ago and due to the gov constantly changing requirements it was just a waste of cash UK e-Borders programme unable to help track immigration
This is why, when the news says x number of people come into the country, I know they are guessing - no system exists to this day that counts.
1st spec was "we want a system that counts people in and out". That could have been done within a month (the company said 8 months to cream off some profit of course). BUT......
2nd spec was "we want to know where they came from" Well why didn't they say that in the 1st place? Scrap the whole thing and start again.
A WEEK before the launch, it was "we want to know where they go to" ARRRRRRR
Then more and more requirements came along, do they have a criminal record, do they x, have they y etc etc
The company just says "OK, we will start again and it will cost £££££££ more"
To this day they have no working system!!
Digital identification? Sure, its possible, could be done in 12 months (but no company will tell them that). Will they manage it? No way.
Not convinced - take a look at the list of biggest world IT failures - UK appears more than any other List of failed and overbudget custom software projects - Wikipedia
(shouldn't say this but some of the key players in the first NHS app attempt were the exact people who were responsible for 3 of the projects on the list above!!!).

I have worked on enough gov IT projects to know they won't manage it for decades. Sure, companies will get a ton of cash for trying, but they won't pull it off.
Technically big brother can be watching you, but it won't be the government. You are more likely to be tracked in everything you do by facebook etc.
I worked on this waste of money years ago and due to the gov constantly changing requirements it was just a waste of cash UK e-Borders programme unable to help track immigration
This is why, when the news says x number of people come into the country, I know they are guessing - no system exists to this day that counts.
1st spec was "we want a system that counts people in and out". That could have been done within a month (the company said 8 months to cream off some profit of course). BUT......
2nd spec was "we want to know where they came from" Well why didn't they say that in the 1st place? Scrap the whole thing and start again.
A WEEK before the launch, it was "we want to know where they go to" ARRRRRRR
Then more and more requirements came along, do they have a criminal record, do they x, have they y etc etc
The company just says "OK, we will start again and it will cost £££££££ more"
To this day they have no working system!!
Digital identification? Sure, its possible, could be done in 12 months (but no company will tell them that). Will they manage it? No way.
Not convinced - take a look at the list of biggest world IT failures - UK appears more than any other List of failed and overbudget custom software projects - Wikipedia
(shouldn't say this but some of the key players in the first NHS app attempt were the exact people who were responsible for 3 of the projects on the list above!!!).
I hear what you say about our (UK) I.T. Ineptitude!
India meanwhile has achieved 1.26 billion signed up to its Aadharr project - digital ID with biometric back up data.
There are several countries planning similar systems and the wonderful Bill Gates is investing as it ties into his vaccinate the world ambitions.

Many things are possible in places like India though, just be thankful it's not quite slipped to that standard here.
Only today Tesco, Sainsbury and M&S disclosed their 'surprise' (yeah, right) at the slave labour and exploitation still going on over there.

I hear what you say about our (UK) I.T. Ineptitude!
India meanwhile has achieved 1.26 billion signed up to its Aadharr project - digital ID with biometric back up data.
There are several countries planning similar systems and the wonderful Bill Gates is investing as it ties into his vaccinate the world ambitions.
It never fails to amaze me how good some countries outside of Europe are at collecting and storing information about their borders ... in the course of my work I have dealings with a country that most people would never have heard of ... within half an hour of asking they can identify one of their subjects, their address, parents names, passport & ID Details, provide a photo and fingerprints and when they last crossed their border in either direction and by what means, if they are in a vehicle they provide the registration and names of any passengers ... and it's not an island ! They will provide similar information for foreign nationals if we have a passport number ...

We have difficulty even knowing how many people are here let alone provide their details. Our national IT systems are woefully inadequate ....

Not sure I'd want to live in a place like that.
Wait a minute, I AM sure, definitely wouldn't.
But... we already do ... every transaction you make with a debit or credit card at a supermarket is harvested, every time you search for something in Google or buy something from Amazon they collect the information - your credit score is harvested and even your address is categorised by your socio economic grouping and your shopping habits and utility usage are attributed to the address. Your internet usage is monitored so you can be targetted with advertising. Security cameras silently watch you wherever you go on foot, automatic number plate recognition monitors the journeys your vehicle makes, your smart phone tracks yor every movement. Your phone calls and texts can be monitored ... and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

The technology is already there in the commercial sector for accumulating all this information about you - whether you like it or not. My comment was that the safety and security of our law abiding population - of whatever nationality, race, creed, religion, colour or gender - is compromised by IT systems in the Public sector are neither fit for purpose or joined up.

If a third world country such as that I mentioned has the IT in place that can provide information, instantly, at that level ... what on earth is stopping the UK from having it ?

I don't mind my personal details being kept by the authorities - I have nothing to fear - if it keeps my family and friends safe as a result then I'm a happy bunny. If it allowed us locate, identify and capture those who seek to rob, defraud and attack our society then it is worth the small risk to me to have my details on record.

I am NOT suggesting we have a society where we are under big brother, harrassed and persecuted but I don't mind the Government knowing who I am, where I live, what I look like and if necessary to know where I've been and if I leave the country when and where I leave and re-enter.

Look - I can't sleep because Covid, because Trump, because the planet's on fire, because supply chains in January, because we're going to be supplanted by intelligent machines ... You guys are not helping!

Ask Alexa to sing you a lullaby?

But... we already do ... every transaction you make with a debit or credit card at a supermarket is harvested, every time you search for something in Google or buy something from Amazon they collect the information - your credit score is harvested and even your address is categorised by your socio economic grouping and your shopping habits and utility usage are attributed to the address. Your internet usage is monitored so you can be targetted with advertising. Security cameras silently watch you wherever you go on foot, automatic number plate recognition monitors the journeys your vehicle makes, your smart phone tracks yor every movement. Your phone calls and texts can be monitored ... and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

The technology is already there in the commercial sector for accumulating all this information about you - whether you like it or not. My comment was that the safety and security of our law abiding population - of whatever nationality, race, creed, religion, colour or gender - is compromised by IT systems in the Public sector are neither fit for purpose or joined up.

If a third world country such as that I mentioned has the IT in place that can provide information, instantly, at that level ... what on earth is stopping the UK from having it ?

I don't mind my personal details being kept by the authorities - I have nothing to fear - if it keeps my family and friends safe as a result then I'm a happy bunny. If it allowed us locate, identify and capture those who seek to rob, defraud and attack our society then it is worth the small risk to me to have my details on record.

I am NOT suggesting we have a society where we are under big brother, harrassed and persecuted but I don't mind the Government knowing who I am, where I live, what I look like and if necessary to know where I've been and if I leave the country when and where I leave and re-enter.
Two things - compared to many similarly rich countries the UK IS THIRD WORLD in attitude, infrastructure, etc, etc. second thing the UK is still paranoid about using ID cards and joining up all the various services. and the third thing I just realised is of course the political will to make it all happen, but that might take political reform which none of the last 30 yrs plus governments have dared to even contemplate. ( but I haven't read Hansard lately)

Well I do, because I don't trust "the government", or who or what it might become! Especially in a culture where people don't seem to value democracy or take part in it or use their votes, or realise what could happen here as it has happened elsewhere.

Well I do, because I don't trust "the government", or who or what it might become! Especially in a culture where people don't seem to value democracy or take part in it or use their votes, or realise what could happen here as it has happened elsewhere.
“What it might become“ .....My thoughts too. I certainly don’t like the current thinking from Davos, the UN and Bill Gates - “The Great Reset”

You will be the first to hear when I have finished my next book - it will detail simple, jargon-free methods to prevent them taking your information AND even get you off their databases.
As to the government being trusted wit your data - ummm, if they are not good at getting the databases set up, imagine how inept they would be at protecting your information.
I am not surprised that India has this all sorted out, the Indian computer programmers were responsible for most of the UK banking software. Yes UK companies got the contracts, but they outsourced the work to India!

Latest posts

Back