I hate it when someone says

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always imagine that clarissa dickson wright should've married a Grosvenor.

since we've been on the subject of grocers' apostrophes and poor grasp of English: sorry that (and this) should have been "should of"

Not a pet hate but a pet love - the use of "stang off of a bee/wasp" in general conversation.

Last edited:
When they say

Small dwarf............ all dwarves are small(relatively)
Big giant................all giants are big (ditto)
Ditto!........... you wouldn't intersperse your normal conversation with 'comma' or 'full stop'!

BUT by far the worst is newsreaders saying "a long running saga". A saga is by definition long running!

Don't get me on LOL,OMG etc in emails!

Feel better now!

:smilielol5: is much better than lol

I once used OMG in an email to my daughter to which she replied, "stop it, Mum you sound like a chav." I'm so old I had to look that one up :)

Is it Queen, or queen? I have been gramatically scared by my old English teacher and the flying board dusters and chalk ...

Scared or scarred? ;)

Queen when it's (part of) a title, queen when it's merely a description.

Elizabeth II is a queen. She is the Queen of England.

Therefore each of your queens is merely a queen, not a Queen. :)

15 " The girls" <cringe>

Even worse calling them 'boys' or 'guys' (anyone remember 'roblynmouth rubbish bees')

Don't agree with all of them but here is another:

Do you make honey?

RAB

Yes I remember him. :) :boxing_smiley:

"back in the day......"

"in the endzone"

some waffle to do with " left field" - what is that about?

Basically much of whatever Chris Evans says!

As an aside - Who on earth at the BBC thought he would be a replacement for the audiences of Jonny Walker and Sir Tel ?

Fred

'Hives on my land? That will be £80 a year'

'Why do you want to keep Bees? haven't you got enough pets already'. Pets? A dog or a cat is a pet.

Followed on from above: 'So when you have these hives, I'll get lots of free honey then' Umm no.

And anything that comes out the mouth of a Chav. Bruv, Cus, Brother from another Mother, Bear (where they say bear instead of lots), pants, bloodclot, one one, and so the list goes on. The only sound that should be heard in reply to this is click, bang followed by a dull thud. :)

Just being called Moby.... Mobeeeeeee !!!! Argh:svengo:

Who cares whether people calls their bees girls, ladies, HM or whatever? As long as they're enjoying beekeeping, that's all that matters. ;)

i am sorry but you have all missed the two i realy hate,

i think we are up to 176 now.

"if you were yesterday" , then the following 1 loads of free stuff
2, loads of bee swarms free to collect at a
sensible hieght
3 the weather was dry

and lastly number 177, "they have never done that before"!!

The "shook swarm" and "do a shook swarm" are mildly irritating because surely they should be a "shaken swarm" and "shake a swarm"

By the way using an aitch at the beginning of aitch when spelling something out loud is not just irritating, it's infuriating! It is especially so in the North West where I live because you should be dropping the real ones, never mind adding spurious ones that aren't there!

178: You have got to move your hives.

Next door to an out apiary got a sting while mowing there lawn. :(

Anyone got a site for 3 hives within a 50 mile radius of Bromley Kent?

Scared or scarred? ;)

Queen when it's (part of) a title, queen when it's merely a description.

Elizabeth II is a queen. She is the Queen of England.

Therefore each of your queens is merely a queen, not a Queen. :)

Thank you for the grammer lesson - so is it

I have a laying queen

The Queen is laying or the queen is laying

queen cups

Q+ or q+ :iamwithstupid:

number 642,305.5

'Your bees are stopping me using the hot tub'

Not even the bee inspector had the skill to identify my bees individually without dissection.

A year on and my bees (sorry Girls) have all moved on but the neighbour still cannot use their hot tub. Hoorah.

Sam

number (insert here)

"at the end of the day . . . . its 23.59 guffaw" - clench teeth.
"your mistaking me with someone who cares"
"I'm sorry Sir your mistaken we would never have told you that" Orange/BT/Lloyds etc
"Well you have to speak as you find" - SLAP
"for general enquiries please press 1" #9 or#1 or *9/*1 generally beat this system btw
"ya ha" instead of yes - omg anger building
"and thats my problem because?" - because I'm a psychopath . . .
"dont spend it all at once"
"smoking stunts your growth" it did now F*$k off
"Hair in your mouth?" - drawing attention to your unconscious bum scratch
"I'm gluten intolerant" - then die of starvation quietly
"I'm bipolar" and on benefits at a guess.

and many many more

"I'm bipolar" and on benefits at a guess.

in the 'old' days people this was refered to as mood swings. now is an excuse not to work. (and is a disability benifit)

in the old days I had never heard of dyslexia... only people that were good at spelling, and those that were not.

saw on the news a couple of weeks ago, there is a maths version of this 'condition'

I have a hearing 'disability'.... I don't hear the wife when she is complaining!

Back