Why do 7-day inspections work - when they do?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
Thanks, i've never had an issue finding them or virgins (but they can be tricky in strong hives).
Have found the queens from strong hives too. Laying queen use to bee in brood box, even if the hives has 8 boxes.
And I do not use excluder.

I have a colony that was making swarm preps on 1st June. I nuc’d the queen. Went back in today (9th June) to reduce down to one cell and was quite surprised to see some larvae yet to be capped. I suppose it will be capped in the next 24 hrs. Is it possible that the bees could still make emergency cells from these larvae…meaning I would have to go in again in a day or two to take them down?

Ordered a new queen to be delivered yesterday,Tuesday, email from royal mail can't deliver til Thursday!!! Hope she'll be ok
I can identify with that Nannysbees, I had a new Queen scheduled for delivery on Saturday, was messaged by Royal Mail saying she had been sent to Leeds in error!
Fortunately they brought her yesterday afternoon and she looked fine so I got her introduced to the colony. I contacted Laurence from BMH and he was so helpful, he said that as long as the weather isn’t too hot she can survive a few days in the cage. I really hope that she arrives healthy 🤞

he said that as long as the weather isn’t too hot she can survive a few days in the cage.
I know of queens sat in the overseas parcel post office in East Midlands airport for over two weeks awaiting clearance and they were fine.

Latest posts

Back