I’d rather be

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerford

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
National
My thought for the day - I’d rather be beekeeping. Yes I know it’s cold and -1.0 and frosty but when dealing with employees who are, frankly, in complete denial about their behaviour I’d rather talk to the bees, or hit some nails into wood than put up with them !

rant over
S

My thought for the day - I’d rather be beekeeping. Yes I know it’s cold and -1.0 and frosty but when dealing with employees who are, frankly, in complete denial about their behaviour I’d rather talk to the bees, or hit some nails into wood than put up with them !

rant over
S
I used to find a lot of my management time was devoted to sorting out squabbles between allegedly grown up employees

-6C at 8am.

I went food shopping.
The good news: I did it quickly and efficiently.

The bad news: I would rather be beekeeping at 5C.. Or gardening at 1C

Does anyone ever think just to sell everything and disappear somewhere , roll up in a van somewhere abroad next to a surf beach and plonk your hives on the van roof .....maybe just me :unsure:

Does anyone ever think just to sell everything and disappear somewhere , roll up in a van somewhere abroad next to a surf beach and plonk your hives on the van roof .....maybe just me :unsure:
Yep! A shepherds hut in the middle of nowhere. A garden, beehives, the dog - perfect!

Taxes are necessary. I am very thankful for the care that the NHS gives me and my family. However, they don’t provide peace and quiet, so that’s why I need a shepherds hut!

Not all your taxes go to the NHS I'm sorry to say .....

Now that’s a nice idea. Would need a ladybeekeeper to keep me cool and bring beer after a busy days inspecting hives

rant over
S
I often thought, when I had my company, that I would be far better off without employees, suppliers, equipment and clients ... they all seemed to let me down with a degree of regularity and usually at the most inopportune times ! And lets not even think about vehicles and premises !!

Not much of a business without them unfortunately ....

How can adults behave like teenage children. All.The.Time
Sometimes I just want to bang their heads together
Imagine being stuck with them 24 hours a day for a fortnight! most of the time you can't even step out for a walk to get away from them

If I had my time again, running a trapline in Alaska has a certain appeal....

My wife got out of operational HR years ago it was soul destroying.
When I ran the workshop with 15 people in years ago I just used to tell the troublesome ones they were more hassle then they were worth and they often left very quickly. That was over 20 years ago and things were simpler then, do as your asked or go home.

Bounced one of them around a carpark for 20 minutes for being racist. That was fun. The guy he was abusing was my friend then and is still now some 20 years later, he was the best man at my wedding.
Can't abide racists.

I'd get taken to court for that now lmao.

Last edited:
[
You can end up in court for just shouting at them these days ... harassment and victimisation leading to stress, anxiety and diminished responsibility....
And there is the problem. It pays to be useless.

I often thought, when I had my company, that I would be far better off without employees, suppliers, equipment and clients ... they all seemed to let me down with a degree of regularity and usually at the most inopportune times ! And lets not even think about vehicles and premises !!

Not much of a business without them unfortunately ....
I had several "interesting debates" with production managers. Most ended with " I could provide 100 percent plant reliability if your semi trained monkeys would stop breaking it"!

Back