Hospital Appointment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The very best of wishes go to you and yours .. so common these days but an incredibly high success rate when found early ... it's a trauma for any woman to go through so curb your sense of humour for a while ! Lots of TLC is the way ...

Mine and Belinda's thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Swmbo's mother's sister (only ten years older than me) went through it all when I was out in Africa. It was a worrying time but, the same, a 'lazy' form, prognosis was good and she was lucky only to need a lumpectomy. Had the all clear a while ago which is why they are both going out to New Orleans on a road trip in a few months to celebrate that and Karene's divorce (the second malign lump she got rid off about the same time)

Having had my op in February, I am glad to say I had excellent care from the surgical team and the nursing team at Castle Hill hospital in Willerby. I hope you enjoy a similar level of care.

Will be thinking positive thoughts for Mrs Dusty. xx

Dusty, my heart is with you and the better half, I'll pray she makes a speedy recovery and all goes well.

Thinking of you from a very warm Bangkok. My warmest thoughts are with you.
Cazza

On Sat my good lady had an appointment for an ultrasound check for kidney stones, yes on a Sat just 7 days after referral by consultant.

Car park empty, hospital empty so less germs to take home and examination spot on time which was just as well as she had to drink 1.5 pints of water in the 90 mins. up to the time and not pee. Sometimes the NHS gets it right, her bladder is nearly as bad as mine.

Little Arran had his MRI scan at 9:20am on a Sunday. Like you said, the hospital was empty, no one in the corridors. Went straight in, which was a blessing as he was really worried about the scan, despite doing everything possible to let him know it was nothing to worry about. Yesterday, in audiology, our appointment was 2:10pm and we didn't get seen until 4:15pm. I would take a weekend appointment every time, although granted, we did have to see his consultant, but what a difference!

Hi guys,

I'd be grateful if you'd spare a thought for SWMBO (and me) in the next few days.

Mrs Dusty has to have a mastectomy tomorrow, which is a bit of a bummer.

The runes suggest the prognosis is good as the cancers were discovered early as a result of normal screening, and they are described as being 'lazy'.

And the surgeon has a good reputation. The breast-care nurse says he's a master at reconstructive surgery, describing him as an 'artist'.
[When I asked if he could tattoo his signature at the bottom, the look between SWMBO and the nurse, suggested I, too was being lined up for surgery: the type normally reserved for tom cats.]

But as you can imagine, it's a tad unsettling, esp for the boss. So I'd appreciate your thoughts over the weekend.

Dusty

Thinking of you both. I will await the "all done and all is well" message, and we can't wait to see you both soon!

Please don't go getting yourself neutered before the convention. It's a long drive and would be a tad uncomfortable for you so be good!

Thanks, everyone.

Your kind words are appreciated.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Dusty.

Apologies for plonking my post about weekend appointments right in this part of the thread. Teach me for not reading the full thread before commenting won't it? ;)

Not a problem Kaz, as you know!
Arran's a friend of mine.

And the reason I opened an old thread instead of starting a new one, is that these things happen to all of us from time to time. Problems and setbacks are threads common to us all. Just that it's our turn.

Dusty

Not a problem Kaz, as you know!
Arran's a friend of mine.

Dusty

He is, and he has much to teach us this year he says. Mainly to make sure your hive doesn't have a bee leak. He isn't going to let us forget that :laughing-smiley-014:

Just to say a big 'thank you' for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Apart from a 3-hour anxious delay because the theatre was out of action (!) with the threat of a postponed operation, all went well.

By the time I left last night, she was asking when the rugby is on today - and telling me off for something. So very much back to normal.

I went home, ordered a huge pizza, opened a bottle of superior plonk and watched rubbish films for the rest of the evening.

Surgery, anaesthetics and nursing have changed a lot since Mrs Dusty was a ward sister on a female surgical ward in the 70's, with all the crude butchering they did in those days.
Case of her knowing too much - and too little!

They're hoping to discharge her into my tender care later today.
Just a 2-week wait for the histology results to see if Mrs Dusty will have to have chemotherapy. Hope not to have to go down that road.

I have to say, apart from the equipment failure, the care has been phenomenally skilled, speedy, supportive - and above all, human and kind.
Wythenshawe Hospital has the largest breast care unit in Europe. The quality shows.

So, a few weeks of R'n'R. We'll try to get a weekend away somewhere relaxing, in a month's time.

And now, perhaps, I can give some attention to my bees....
Luckily, Kaz and Arran can help out.

Thanks again, everyone.

Dusty.

Glad all went well.. I am sure Mrs Dusty will quickly recover in your expert care.
Best wishes to you both.

Latest posts

Back