Hospital Appointment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting in the waiting room yesterday.
Nurse called out a name..A young woman stood up and said "oh.she's gone to the toilet. I'll call her" ...She ended the phone call she was having,, and then phoned the woman in the toilet ....next to where I was sitting and outside of which the nurse was standing..

Sitting in the waiting room yesterday.
Nurse called out a name..A young woman stood up and said "oh.she's gone to the toilet. I'll call her" ...She ended the phone call she was having,, and then phoned the woman in the toilet ....next to where I was sitting and outside of which the nurse was standing..

:sorry: Dishmop, that's the "modern" world, 'smart phone' NO brain.

Aren't we lucky to be of an age so that when the world goes tits up we've gone, at least I b***dy hope so.

I only take my phone out with me if I go alone, because if I dont take it you can bet your luck that the bloody car will die on me.
I have dreams of trying to call 999 and the phone doesnt work.

Went back agan today at 10am.

So having explained to everybody concerned that I dont have a problem with waiting, but that the problem is feeling ill while waiting because I havent eaten, was called by nurse until 12 so good guess that might have to wait at least another hour. Nurse said they were still doing another op and I was next on the list. Finally got her to admit that it would be at least another 3 hours..at a guess. hopefully..
After taking weeks getting my medication, meals etc synchronised so that I can carry on some form of near normal daily routine..it all gets messed up because I had to wait on Monday, and today, still feeling not as good as I was on Sunday they tell me I will have to wait even longer........

Last edited:
Went back agan today at 10am.

So having explained to everybody concerned that I dont have a problem with waiting, but that the problem is feeling ill while waiting because I havent eaten, was called by nurse until 12 so good guess that might have to wait at least another hour. Nurse said they were still doing another op and I was next on the list. Finally got her to admit that it would be at least another 3 hours..at a guess. hopefully..
After taking weeks getting my medication, meals etc synchronised so that I can carry on some form of near normal daily routine..it all gets messed up because I had to wait on Monday, and today, still feeling not as good as I was on Sunday they tell me I will have to wait even longer........

Sorry to here your having it rough. Perhaps there delaying your op till the 4th so you can have the bed next to me for your sins! :icon_204-2:
No, no one would that you that badly. Lets hope some one pulls there finger out soon (or what ever needs pulling out)! Chin up!:)

They say they cant operate until 6 hours after I have eaten or had a drink with milk in it..

They didnt bother with that when the stents were put in, although I only had a local anesthetic that time. They even moved the Xray monitor screen so I could see what they were doing.

They say they cant operate until 6 hours after I have eaten or had a drink with milk in it..

They didnt bother with that when the stents were put in, although I only had a local anesthetic that time. They even moved the Xray monitor screen so I could see what they were doing.

6 hrs is so your stomach is empty. If it wasn't and you vomited then you would possibly choke or food could get into your lungs and that would cause big problems too. They usually don't like you having more than a sip of water for the same reason, so it sounds like you are having a general anaesthetic.
The milk thing is probably referring to the calcium in milk which can form chelates with drugs etc. and negate some drugs. Or could be to reduce the fat level in your blood stream for some reason.(may affect scans?) Not a lot you can do, your at their mercy! Just tap your heels together 3 times and repeat "there's no place like home" till you wake up! :)

Sorry Dismop you are having problems with N & N. For what its worth they were brilliant with me last week even saw me on Sunday for an out patients procedure and again on Monday after the initial procedure on the previous Wednesday. The staff were kind and considerate and went out of their way to help.

Good luck

Mike

6 hrs is so your stomach is empty. If it wasn't and you vomited then you would possibly choke or food could get into your lungs and that would cause big problems too. They usually don't like you having more than a sip of water for the same reason, so it sounds like you are having a general anaesthetic.
The milk thing is probably referring to the calcium in milk which can form chelates with drugs etc. and negate some drugs. Or could be to reduce the fat level in your blood stream for some reason.(may affect scans?) Not a lot you can do, your at their mercy! Just tap your heels together 3 times and repeat "there's no place like home" till you wake up! :)

yes it will be a general but because of the timing and delays being unable to eat was getting drawn out to being no heavy meal the night before, a bowl of cereal at 7 in the morning and then not getting operated on until nearly 5 in the afternoon if there were no further delays, and then there would be recovery time and having to wait until the next meal time. The second time I couldnt even have the bowl of cereal in the morning.

yes it will be a general but because of the timing and delays being unable to eat was getting drawn out to being no heavy meal the night before, a bowl of cereal at 7 in the morning and then not getting operated on until nearly 5 in the afternoon if there were no further delays, and then there would be recovery time and having to wait until the next meal time. The second time I couldnt even have the bowl of cereal in the morning.

It's not on really. Someone needs to get their act together. Sounds like you will have to grin and bare it till you get your op. over........then complain.
Wouldn't complain before hand they may rearrange 'things'! LOL
Went for my pre op. assessment to be greeted with a nurse who had 'a dry cough'. Managed to cough all over everything near her till I suggested she didn't give the cough to me as I would then have my op. cancelled and all this pre op. malarkey would be a waste of time. Think she got the message.
Makes you wonder sometimes where all these infections come from!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Makes you wonder sometimes where all these infections come from

well, my hospital CEO says that consultant Mr X said I didnt get urosepsis and then urosepsis + C Diff from their hospital...

must be computer transmitted virus I suppose.

Hi Dishmop Was wondering if you managed to get your stents done, and if your ok, as you seemed the 'worse for ware' last time you posted.
Tried to PM you rather than post on forum but it said you didn't accept PM's.
Hope your ok. Regards Dave:)

Nope.

Still not been done.

It was after all them who arranged the appointment after I enquired as to if they needed replacing......
Now I suppose they think I will be contacting them..

The only people I am going to contact is the local BBC.

Nope.

Still not been done.

It was after all them who arranged the appointment after I enquired as to if they needed replacing......
Now I suppose they think I will be contacting them..

The only people I am going to contact is the local BBC.

It's a disgrace! Looks like the only way you are going to get anything done is by fighting for it. It's bad enough being ill without having to battle everyone to get better!
Hope it works out. Good luck. Regards Dave

Just another thought Dishmop
As it's election year, (like we don't know), why not approach your MP to be, or better still one of his/her rivals. They are looking for a good publicity story to look the hero for the election battle and the NHS is definitely one of the topics of interest. (The BBC are a bit too close to the Government for my liking to really give a monkey's.)
If you can get one on your case, that might save a bit of effort (they all 'pee in the same pot') and you might get what you want. Worth a try?
Good hunting! Dave;)

Last edited:
Hospital must be reading this...

I got a phone call today...... if its not inconvenient, would I like to attend the hosptal on Tuesday morning at 7.00 am.

Hospital must be reading this...

I got a phone call today...... if its not inconvenient, would I like to attend the hosptal on Tuesday morning at 7.00 am.

Hello.......be there Dishmop. Maybe....just maybe this time. Let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed for ya!
Dave :ohthedrama:

Latest posts

Back