Hospital Appointment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
"your appointment time is 2.00pm"
However... please be at 1.30 to see the nurse beforehand"

Or another one is "please be there 45 minutes before this time" because they want you to drink 5 gallons of water and try hard not to go to the loo.

On Sat my good lady had an appointment for an ultrasound check for kidney stones, yes on a Sat just 7 days after referral by consultant.

Car park empty, hospital empty so less germs to take home and examination spot on time which was just as well as she had to drink 1.5 pints of water in the 90 mins. up to the time and not pee. Sometimes the NHS gets it right, her bladder is nearly as bad as mine.

Our hospital started to do scans etc at weekends last year..

Prior to that if you got taken there it was like something out of an end of the world film.

When SHE rang to get an appointment she was offered an evening or weekend option, we opted for Sat as the supermarkets would be open, we don't get to Exeter very often and need to make the most of the trip and the fuel.

In this case full marks to the NHS, and it looks like she won't need an OP just an annual calcium blood test.

You have to get o our place early anyway so as to queue up for a parking space.:hairpull:

I had a phone call from Norfolk and Norwich Hosp. today asking me to attend tomorrow (Weds). Excellent service, but as Dismop says get there early to wait to park.

During the week we use the designated 'park and ride' service,huge car park and dropped right at the main doors but it doesn't run at weekends, but as the car parks were like ghost towns it was not an issue.

The Norwich hospital missed a golden opportunity when they built it. They could have built at two two multi level car parks plus, with underground parking.
There's two many grren spaces in the car parks so as to make it look pretty.
They could also have had a park and ride there. Staff have to live outside a certain radius before they get a parking permit.. Some of those who dont get one use the nearest park and ride which has a route which goes to the hospital.
Some of them have to drive past the hospital to get to the P&R

I had a phone call from Norfolk and Norwich Hosp. today asking me to attend tomorrow (Weds). Excellent service, but as Dismop says get there early to wait to park.

The "additional" car parking space one is often the best bet but no concessions on that one.

North Norfolk is a nightmare. My mum is disabled and she had to get early to get a chance of getting a disabled parking space so she could get in on her sticks. Unless of course she had someone who could drop her and then find a space.

All because the disabled section is inadequate and not policed for people taking the piss.

Worse than that is Broomfields in Chelmsford, which does have a multi-storey car park, but not big enough for the size of the hospital and of course, all clinics are booked in at the same time in the morning.

I have dropped my missus and then driven around for half an hour waiting for s space to become free. Once lunch time comes, it empties. Amazing.

The Norwich hospital missed a golden opportunity when they built it. They could have built at two two multi level car parks plus, with underground parking.
There's two many grren spaces in the car parks so as to make it look pretty.
They could also have had a park and ride there. Staff have to live outside a certain radius before they get a parking permit.. Some of those who dont get one use the nearest park and ride which has a route which goes to the hospital.
Some of them have to drive past the hospital to get to the P&R

Supposed to be going in for an operation myself in early April. They are operating on me on a Saturday. Let's hope they haven't been out on the 'lash' Friday night! :eek:

Supposed to be going in for an operation myself in early April. They are operating on me on a Saturday. Let's hope they haven't been out on the 'lash' Friday night! :eek:

They wouldnt have had time what with having to work 80 hours a week..

Went to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital today for a camera job. They made another appointment for the other end on Sunday, would you believe, what's the NHS up to. At least there using the expensive facilities more. effectively.

New idea at hospital now..
Went for pre-op assessment yesterday and they gave me a bottle of bodywash stuff to use before I go in on Monday for stents replacement.
So I shower and use this stuff Sunday night and then get into the bed I slept in on Saturday night..........?????
I suppose the idea is that I dont catch any more infections like the ones they say I didnt catch there last year..Not even 1 out of 3 perhaps......??? Seems not according tho them.
They tell me that they saved my life and in doing so they had to use catheters, and there is always a risk of catching infections so tough luck. Its a risk they have to take they say... people who have catheters and have suffered renal failure are more prone to catching infections.............so it makes sense I suppose to put me in a ward next to a bloke who was known to keep removing his colostomy bag several times a day, and putting it on the table, or floor and twice threw it over my bed towards the window.

I did the unforgivable and walked out of hospital.

Delay Delay No beds pre-op interview by one of the surgeons (I think) who didnt appear to know what I was there for. Didnt know how many stents I had and then when I asked if I would have catheter after cystoscopyop he said "possibly, if we need to remove any bits if we find tumour" ..................whoa, hold on.. "IF"..??.we already know theres a tumour and you are only supposed to be having a look.
Anyway, after 4 and a half hour delay, I started to get dehydrated...Not having any excess body fat to live off and having only had a bowl of cereal, a cup of tea and two little sips of water for 18 hours, I was not feeling very well and would have not been in any condition to be operated on if I had waited the further hour they were promising.
Came home, food/drink, went to bed. Shortly afterwards the hospital phoned and apologised and would it be ok for me to be there early Friday morning for 1st on list?

:)
I did the unforgivable and walked out of hospital.

Delay Delay No beds pre-op interview by one of the surgeons (I think) who didnt appear to know what I was there for. Didnt know how many stents I had and then when I asked if I would have catheter after cystoscopyop he said "possibly, if we need to remove any bits if we find tumour" ..................whoa, hold on.. "IF"..??.we already know theres a tumour and you are only supposed to be having a look.
Anyway, after 4 and a half hour delay, I started to get dehydrated...Not having any excess body fat to live off and having only had a bowl of cereal, a cup of tea and two little sips of water for 18 hours, I was not feeling very well and would have not been in any condition to be operated on if I had waited the further hour they were promising.
Came home, food/drink, went to bed. Shortly afterwards the hospital phoned and apologised and would it be ok for me to be there early Friday morning for 1st on list?

You might be wise to take a witness (I meant friend...) just in case with the sound of things. They told me that before my op. (4/4,) they will mark on the body the areas to be opened up. I'll be checking those before they start I think!
Good luck on your day......or see you on the other side. ;)
Bye the way, are there any of us on this forum that are actually healthy? Nothing to do with keeping bees I hope!

The only thing that cheered me up at any time was man who said his wife needed some more marzipan pills.

The only thing that cheered me up at any time was man who said his wife needed some more marzipan pills.

:icon_204-2: I'm hoping for something MUCH stronger than that! Crack cocaine or similar, anything so as I don't remember any of it! I hope I don't cry? LOL
:)

Hehe - reminds me of a few years ago, my old mate Dennis, who's convinced he's going doolally in his old age (we're not arguing with him there) went in for a load of tests mosly due to his not really healthy lifestyle so it was the usual BP, blood sugar levels Cholestorol and the likes. Come Friday evening in the club - usual pint in front of him and he pipes up to all and sundry (did i mention he's a bit deaf as well) nothing wring with my blood pressure bach, no diabetes - and the doctor was very impressed with the state of my clitoris!

Latest posts

Back