Hospital Appointment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed for a continued smooth recovery x

Just to say a big 'thank you' for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Apart from a 3-hour anxious delay because the theatre was out of action (!) with the threat of a postponed operation, all went well.

By the time I left last night, she was asking when the rugby is on today - and telling me off for something. So very much back to normal.

I went home, ordered a huge pizza, opened a bottle of superior plonk and watched rubbish films for the rest of the evening.

Surgery, anaesthetics and nursing have changed a lot since Mrs Dusty was a ward sister on a female surgical ward in the 70's, with all the crude butchering they did in those days.
Case of her knowing too much - and too little!

They're hoping to discharge her into my tender care later today.
Just a 2-week wait for the histology results to see if Mrs Dusty will have to have chemotherapy. Hope not to have to go down that road.

I have to say, apart from the equipment failure, the care has been phenomenally skilled, speedy, supportive - and above all, human and kind.
Wythenshawe Hospital has the largest breast care unit in Europe. The quality shows.

So, a few weeks of R'n'R. We'll try to get a weekend away somewhere relaxing, in a month's time.

And now, perhaps, I can give some attention to my bees....
Luckily, Kaz and Arran can help out.

Thanks again, everyone.

Dusty.

Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Good to hear, Dusty.

My missus has been through all of it and they often recommend chemo even if histology IS clear.

Actually, she is in for an elective risk reducing mastectomy and reconstruction at the moment. She had the first in 2011, but discovering last year her aunts all died of ovarian cancer, she opted for ovaries out PDQ and planned for this one.

The treatment has been excellent each time and there have been considerable changes in protocols and treatment since she had her first reconstruction a couple of years ago.

Hope to have her back on Tuesday/Wednesday. Fingers crossed for the results.

Just to say a big 'thank you' for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Apart from a 3-hour anxious delay because the theatre was out of action (!) with the threat of a postponed operation, all went well.

By the time I left last night, she was asking when the rugby is on today - and telling me off for something. So very much back to normal.

I went home, ordered a huge pizza, opened a bottle of superior plonk and watched rubbish films for the rest of the evening.

Surgery, anaesthetics and nursing have changed a lot since Mrs Dusty was a ward sister on a female surgical ward in the 70's, with all the crude butchering they did in those days.
Case of her knowing too much - and too little!

They're hoping to discharge her into my tender care later today.
Just a 2-week wait for the histology results to see if Mrs Dusty will have to have chemotherapy. Hope not to have to go down that road.

I have to say, apart from the equipment failure, the care has been phenomenally skilled, speedy, supportive - and above all, human and kind.
Wythenshawe Hospital has the largest breast care unit in Europe. The quality shows.

So, a few weeks of R'n'R. We'll try to get a weekend away somewhere relaxing, in a month's time.

And now, perhaps, I can give some attention to my bees....
Luckily, Kaz and Arran can help out.

Thanks again, everyone.

Dusty.

Heavens, psafloyd. What a sword of Damocles for you both to live under, but at least modern genetics let you do something about it. You have my best wishes too.

Thinking positive thoughts for all these ladies. Good luck.

Can't wait to see Mrs Dusty and give her a big hug. Hope everything goes well for Mrs psafloyd too.

Thanks Kaz.

But the Big Hug is out, for a while!
Too much post-op fragility.

But - there's the other bonus that you'd get to mess with my bees.
(That's our RBI's favourite term!"

Dusty

With all the rushing around, Don't forget to buy her a massive chocolate egg before Friday!

Flowers in vase for when she gets home.

Latest posts

Back