Honey on Toast ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pargyle

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Well .. it's Sunday evening, the garden is full of autumn leaves and winter appears nigh ...

So ... what do you like on your toast.

Plain honey,
Comb,
Butter and honey
Just butter
Strawberry jam

Or what other strange combinations do you like ... Nigella's twice buttered and sea salted extravaganza ?

Do share your secret indulgences ....

Me ? - I like Hot toast slathered in set honey and eat it before it slides off ... but I also like toast that is nearly cold with real butter that you can see your teeth marks in.

I love crumpets - put through the toaster twice to get a crisp edge -buttered with either honey or marmite... mmmmmmm

depends
I am partial to toast well toasted not anaemic, well buttered with proper butter not this insipid low salt (less that 2.2%) grease
1.with a good slathering of Patum Pepperum
2.plenty of set honey
3. with just more butter on

oooooh Gentleman's Relish! not had that for years - I love anchovies

Thick slice of toast with butter and honey is excellent. Crumpets with butter and honey eaten in front of a log fire with a cuppa reminds me of my childhood.

Proper tea leaves brood for a long time fresh milk /cream straight from the cow. (when I'm on the farm) we have a lim cow which we milk daily.
1 tea spoon of any honey.
Toast.. Uncut bread grilled as it doesn't generally go in the toaster, with loads of decent butter Cut into soldiers and then different honeys put in small bowls ready to dip the soldiers.
Remanding honey is then used as bakers honey in a loaf or bara Brif usually made when I'm out at work ready for the evening supper.

Ps I also like to dip my soldiers in my cup of tea after being buttered.

I would rather sell cut comb as it gets in my teeth to much.
The wife's mum eats it with her dentures in, not really a good idea.

Last edited:
And of course, I forgot....
Sardines!!
My weekly dose of oily fish, not the bog standard supermarket tinned sardines though (although they are acceptable) I've found a company in Covent Garden that stock a variety (changes from month to month) of French or portugese tinned sardines available mail order. various forms (some in olive oil, escabeche, with lemon, chilli etc. and of course, the old favourite tomato both bog standard or spicy) get the toast on, then whilst you butter it, 40 seconds in the popty ping for the fish, then mashed up with a bit of white pepper and maybe a dash of vinegar. a lunch fit for a king!

Sardines!!
My weekly dose of oily fish, not the bog standard supermarket tinned sardines though (although they are acceptable) I've found a company in Covent Garden that stock a variety (changes from month to month) of French or portugese tinned sardines available mail order. various forms (some in olive oil, escabeche, with lemon, chilli etc. and of course, the old favourite tomato both bog standard or spicy) get the toast on, then whilst you butter it, 40 seconds in the popty ping for the fish, then mashed up with a bit of white pepper and maybe a dash of vinegar. a lunch fit for a king!
Definitely like that ... mashed sardines with vinegar and pepper on toast ... regular brunch for me as well. Have to try them warmed in the popty ping though ...

Sardines!!
Like your description of the microwave! The popty ping 😆

Sardines!!
Sardines on toast is one of my favourite lunches..... buttered toast with mashed sardines on top then a couple of minutes under the grill! Pepper and vinegar yummy! ......The missus hates the smell....

Toast is so versatile I lived on it when I was a youngster, that and porridge.
My favourite toast indulgence these days is an Elvis toasted sandwich. Peanut butter and sliced banana sandwiched in two lightly toasted slices, into a pan and fried in loads of butter.

Soft set honey is my preferred spread.

Sometimes as an alternative I have home made blackcurrant jam, made with blackcurrants that were polinated in my garden

Toast is so versatile I lived on it when I was a youngster, that and porridge.
My favourite toast indulgence these days is an Elvis toasted sandwich. Peanut butter and sliced banana sandwiched in two lightly toasted slices, into a pan and fried in loads of butter.
It's no wonder Elvis didn't live to a ripe old age!

Multigrain bread, butter/whatever,
Half with marmalade , half with honey
(Only 1 slice - weight watching)

Occasionally jam (not shop), Marmite.

That actually IS Welsh for microwave... I think it should be adopted into English- far more descriptive!
Actually it's a joke name, but pretty descriptive - structured on the cynghaneddol alliteration of the two words - literally transalted it means ping bakery as 'ping oven' would be 'ffwrn ping'
The proper Welsh name is meicrodon Micro from the Greek mikros meaning small and Don from the soft mutation of the Welsh Ton meaning a wave/undulation

Latest posts

Back