Honey jars?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyt

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all, any advice on where to buy my honey jars, and what is the preferred size? 1lb or 12ozs. Thanks... :Wales_flag:

Lots of suppliers out there ... Compak, C Wynne Jones, eBay. Shop around for the best price as they vary a lot. Size ... ? Mostly 12oz these days, but it all depends on the customer and how deep their pockets are. 1lb jars sold through shops near me are over a tenner with the shop markup. That might put some off, but they sell out pretty quickly. 12oz are the size the shops near me prefer. It may be different wherever you are.

C Wynne Jones near Ruthin are where I get mine from. They stock a huge range of options. Very nice people to deal with as well.

Beware, if you buy hundreds you will never get a honey harvest again.....:icon_204-2::hairpull:

C Wynne Jones are fantastic! They dispatch your order very quickly and is often next day delivery. If you have any problems they are very quick to reply and will always do their best to help you!

I buy mine from the Association .. not sure where we buy the several tens of gross a year from.. it does mean that everybody who needs jars gets to benefit from the bulk prices.

C Wynne Jones are fantastic! They dispatch your order very quickly and is often next day delivery. If you have any problems they are very quick to reply and will always do their best to help you!

We have had the same delivery driver who first asked if we made jam and now asks about the bees. :)

Haycroft bees

I have just bought a gross with lids from Thornes of Wragby, Tel 01673 858555. Well packaged non broken. £66.50 collected or £83.50 delivered.

I use Pattersons .. really nice hexagonal jars (12oz and 8oz) I find that 12oz is the best seller .. 1lb pushes the price point up and whilst you sell 1lb to committed regular customers the general run of the mill is 12oz.

Pattersons frequently have sales with the jars discounted ... the last ones I bought a month or so ago by 50% ... really good deal.

Delivery included and they are nicely packed.

C Wynne Jones again for me, excellent service. I sell honey in the 8 and 12oz Hex jars.
Depends on the time of the year as to which sells best, regular customers or the ones who are educated (know about honey and bees) tend to buy the 12oz new customer or people buying as presents tend to buy the 8oz jars
Had one neighbor who bought 1/2 a dozen of the 8oz jars last year to send to her friends all over the country, think it was the novelty factor of honey produced in her street.

Thank you all for your help. I'll be deciding and buying this weekend... :thanks:

Latest posts

Back