Home Made Oxallic Sublimator

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like something from medieval days to ward off vampires !!! :D

Make sure you have your Helmet and Flak Jacket on when you Connect that Baby Up ! :D

> newbeeinbromley

Just how high is the coil? It looks a bit tall to fit in a hive entrance?

Just got this in the post.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxalic-Ac...g-/281619045550?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I have not a clue re electrics, this is labelled as 12V does that mean I need a 12 v battery or can I use a 14V battery ?

I have the same one and it works a treat from a small sealed lead acid battery, the battery is a 12v 17Ah , you need a 12v battery even though they will read 12.8v on the multimeter and upto 14v when charging they still need to be 12 volt or you can wire 2 x 12v batteries up to make a 24volt battery pack if you get a heater plug from a articulated lorry..:spy: the same way you can wire 2 x 6v batteries upto to make a 12v battery pack..

> newbeeinbromley

Just how high is the coil? It looks a bit tall to fit in a hive entrance?

The coil is 16mm high at maximum. Think that'll work. Kinda looking forward to it, hoping it'll be better than dribbling.

Sent from my bPad using Tapatalk

ah well - what's the point - according to the hand wringers, before long being in posession of oxalic acid will be classed as high treason and a capital offence :D

Definitely to become a capital offence in due course. Shoot, hang or decapitate them all, before or after breakfast? Jihadi John not available any more but some likeminded bod might volunteer I suppose.

Definitely to become a capital offence in due course. Shoot, hang or decapitate them all, before or after breakfast? Jihadi John not available any more but some likeminded bod might volunteer I suppose.

I take it you have recently stocked up on wood and deck cleaner :D

All this stuff about being subject to scrutiny and potential criminal action bothers me as to who and how this going to be monitored. Or are we not treat any more rather than be ripped off by the only supplier of the legitimate stuff? Interesting to know who got the bung and how much for approving them. Anybody got a clue?

Latest posts

Back