• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hives with bees for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry6652

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi there,
I have for sale 2 wbc hives and 2 national nuc hives plus some additional equipment. The wbc hives all have bees on last years Carniolan queens.

All the gear came for Thorns and will be 3 years old this spring. Its all been very successful however a pending move forces the sale. Please see list below:

- 2 WBC hives c/w 10 lifts, 4 brood chambers and 6 supers (all with frames), 2 Ashforth feeders and wire queen excluders.

- 2 British standard nucleus hive c/w 2 contact feeders.

- 1 empire stainless steel standard smoker
- 1 stainless steel hive tool

I had a quick look at the bees last weekend in the good weather window and they are beginning to build up with brood in all stages. The bees were treated with Apiguard last year.

I am looking for £900 and am happy to make a donation to this site.

You are more than welcome to view with no obligations. I am in South-East London/North Kent and can be contacted on 07808291146 or you can get back to me on here. Thanks.

Would you be prepared to split your items?

Just wondered if you were prepared to split up your hives and nucs and what the resultant prices may be.

Hi there,
I have for sale 2 wbc hives and 2 national nuc hives plus some additional equipment. The wbc hives all have bees on last years Carniolan queens.

All the gear came for Thorns and will be 3 years old this spring. Its all been very successful however a pending move forces the sale. Please see list below:

- 2 WBC hives c/w 10 lifts, 4 brood chambers and 6 supers (all with frames), 2 Ashforth feeders and wire queen excluders.

- 2 British standard nucleus hive c/w 2 contact feeders.

- 1 empire stainless steel standard smoker
- 1 stainless steel hive tool

I had a quick look at the bees last weekend in the good weather window and they are beginning to build up with brood in all stages. The bees were treated with Apiguard last year.

I am looking for £900 and am happy to make a donation to this site.

You are more than welcome to view with no obligations. I am in South-East London/North Kent and can be contacted on 07808291146 or you can get back to me on here. Thanks.

As a complete novice would be interested in the kit and the WBC hives or the if no one wants the others......as long as its not too much for a beginner to handle!

Hi there,
If you would like to give me a call or give me your number, am happy to discuss your requirements. My name is Dan. My number again is 07808 291146 or 0208 3080676.
Thanks.

Hi Dan

My concern is my lack of experience/knowledge! I note that Th**nes only sell the best ie Hives are cedar. Are the hives painted or natural? Is £900 your best price? Maybe a drive to Kent is required. Could be great fun a guy with a Land Rover full of bees! telephone number 01359 272513

Best

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
My concern is my lack of experience/knowledge!

You ain't the only one: first you need to get your email address removed before the spam begins.

Second, have you done at least a beginners' course or helped a competent beekeeper for a season? And do you know what the sensible requirements for siting an apiary are? etc etc

Thanks for the advice, I have requested email removal. Currently attending beginners course as for siting I am looking at south east corner of my garden looking out across open fields but tucked slightly back to avoid wind exposure, that means 150 yards from the house.
Really need to find a local mentor I think!

Thanks for the advice, I have requested email removal. Currently attending beginners course as for siting I am looking at south east corner of my garden looking out across open fields but tucked slightly back to avoid wind exposure, that means 150 yards from the house.
Really need to find a local mentor I think!

where in suffolk are you?

Hi Mike,
Good to meet you today, have sent you a private message.
Thanks, Dan

Latest posts

Back