Hex jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave /Oscroft

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
9 at present
Hi All,
Whats the best price around for 12oz hex jars with lids ? so far the lowest I'm quoted is 84 jars for £29.82 .

Dave

Dave, like everything it probably depends on quantity. I don't want to sound patronising but there has been around 10 threads over the last 3 weeks on this subject. It might be worth browsing through them or asking admin to sticky a thread as it is timely.

If a good deal comes up people tend to post it, £30 for 84 jars astounds pretty good though.
Pattesons are usually pretty good but when they have a sale on what you want they are unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi All,
:facts:
Well after looking at various sellers of jars there all much of a muchness really some are a little dearer but not a great amount in it. The lowest was £29.82 inc lids but then a glass delivery charge of £8.32 , I was thinking of four boxes to make it worth it but that doesn't save a great deal either. May as well drive over to my nearest supplier/agent for T's and buy a box or two as theres little difference other than having to go and get them ! C Wynn Jones comes a close second but there much further to drive to pick them up.

:hairpull:

Dave

Some local assocs bulk buy for their members. If yours don't why not suggest you offer to run it?

Ours already does jars so I am going to offer to run a foundation bulk scheme.

You get back what you put in. ;)

PH

Freeman & Harding do a discount for BBKA members which knocks the price down a bit - I think I paid around 32p on an order of 500 ish last year free delivery

Cheapest way (paid 27p per jar) is to get organised and preorder for Beetradex or NHS - you get BBKA discount and show discount, but you need a big boot ! And no good for this summer

As I said in my post, buy when the offers are on. I bought 500 12oz hex jars with lids a month or so back for £113 I think it was, 23p a jar incl lids and free delivery.
If you need in a rush it won't help but you know you always need jars so buy when you run low and you can get half price offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought a 1000 for £227.48, which included delivery a few months back from Jars and Bottles.

I bought 500 when they were on special at Patteson's at the end of May. My wife sent me a text during the day when I was at work saying "why has a pallet been delivered at the bottom of the drive" lol :D

Latest posts

Back