Happy Christmas everyone

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas everyone! A healthy and happy new year to all.

Have a good one, everyone on this nicely crisp morning❄️❄️❄️⛄⛄❄️❄️❄️

(I’m just looking forward to three months of political wrangling over the small print (legalese) of the Brexit agreement....)

Oh well....

Merry Christmas all.

I look forward to a better 2022. Being a pessimist, I have already written of 2021 so can only be pleasantly surprised...

Nadolig llawen pawb, merry Christmas

PS: what's a Wigilia, Stephen?
Wigilia is the traditional Polish Christmas Eve supper. When I was a child we had Borscht and mushroom filled pierogi (dumplings) and different kinds of fish. My mother used to be up all the previous night making poppy seed cake a bit like a strudel, and if I was good I was allowed to stay up and help.The warmth and smell of that kitchen is still with me at this time of year. We used to have fruit compote with it.
An empty place was always set for any weary traveller who might need food and a bed.

Wigilia is the traditional Polish Christmas Eve supper. When I was a child we had Borscht and mushroom filled pierogi (dumplings) and different kinds of fish. My mother used to be up all the previous night making poppy seed cake a bit like a strudel, and if I was good I was allowed to stay up and help.The warmth and smell of that kitchen is still with me at this time of year. We used to have fruit compote with it.
An empty place was always set for any weary traveller who might need food and a bed.
I’m English (and not religious), my wife is 2nd generation Polish but Wigilia is just such a lovely occasion. And yes, we had the empty place set and the dishes you mention as well as the lovely Makowiec poppy seed cake. Just the 3 of us this year though.

Wesolych Swiat, Merry Christmas to one and all. Best wishes for a safe, healthy and happy 2021. May your bees be blessed.

Latest posts

Back