Happy 100th birthday to Finland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what was there before, fresh air? :biggrinjester:

While we're on the subject is Surtsey still above sea level? It must be 1/2 the age of Finland.

I really understand why British hate other nations' independence. World has not been fair to British during last 100 years.

Last edited:
Grotesque gang these beekeepers.

If you put all British idiots into line onto Equator, that would be good..

Last edited:
So what was there before, fresh air? :biggrinjester:

While we're on the subject is Surtsey still above sea level? It must be 1/2 the age of Finland.

errr Finland was there before. It's a 100 year celebration of their declaring independence from Russia during the Bolshie wars.

Bigger issue is that Finland stayed independent after II World War. I wonder what joke it is.

Spent an interesting few days with an Israeli Army Major in North Finland showing me how and why the Russians invasion got bogged down in the snow and the mud and how the terrain suited the Finnish guerrilla tactics.
Recall eating a lot of reindeer and salmon...and wearing a lot of mosquito repellent.

Yes,
Finland effectively defeated the USSR, it has a very interesting history, ... and of course interesting beekeepers!

Yes,
Finland effectively defeated the USSR, it has a very interesting history, ... and of course interesting beekeepers!

No it did not. The Russians reorganised and basically forced Finland to sue for peace...

Latest posts

Back