God I love growing our own

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may remember I managed to overwinter a chillie plant... one out of about 8 that survived well into the winter. All the rest did not restart in spring ... Well... its fruiting and the chillies are now turning red... BUT ... I have no idea what variety they are and more importantly what heat they are....any ideas ?
They look like habanero peppers.

Habaneros are not that smooth in my experience; they have a more "wrinkled" shape. Yours look more like one of the "cherry" varieties to me. I doubt they'd be as hot as a habanero, but depending on variety they might vary from a bit less hot than a jalapeno to a bit hotter than a jalapeno.

James

Habaneros are not that smooth in my experience; they have a more "wrinkled" shape. Yours look more like one of the "cherry" varieties to me. I doubt they'd be as hot as a habanero, but depending on variety they might vary from a bit less hot than a jalapeno to a bit hotter than a jalapeno.

James
It's finding out that's scary !!

We always plant too many chillies, been giving them to our village shop to sell on. Bags of mixed tomatoes on the gate are selling well. And , at last, after three months of none ....... WE HAVE RAIN...... everything was dying,

Latest posts

Back