Gas Vapourizer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spotted this on Amazon.
Doubt if it has a safety certificate.
Any comments?

Why don't you spend the £117 + Postage and (if you can understand the instructions), be the first to review it?

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Why don't you spend the £117 + Postage and (if you can understand the instructions), be the first to review it?

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

The company is based in Germany so the instructions may well be in German.
Looks like a blow torch design with an attached computer fan to blow it down the tube.
Obviously no temperature control but probably not needed- the Varrox doesn't have a temp control.
Anyone using a blow torch?

Youtube video .youtube.com/watch?v=apiIe_QQSv4

359 sold on ebay.de, can't be that bad?

.ebay.de/itm/Oxalsaure-Verdampfer-Varroa-Milbe-Total-unabhangig-/321279128034?hash=item4acdba71e2

Thanks for finding the links
It would have been more reassuring to see some OA vapour coming out the tube during the demo? The sound effects suggested it sublimated.
Personal protection was limited to say the least!

Apibioxal would soon block up the discharge pipe! No wonder they say use pure OA!

Thanks for finding the links
It would have been more reassuring to see some OA vapour coming out the tube during the demo? The sound effects suggested it sublimated.
Personal protection was limited to say the least!

If it's vapour you want then check out the vapouriser at Asten Honey (www.asten.ee) it needs a power supply though. Couldn't see on the video but the operator must have had a mask on because the vapour was blowing right back on him

I wouldn't use that, I may be wrong but it looks like a one shot then reload? If so it's going to be hot reloading each time! I may be wrong though!

I wouldn't use that, I may be wrong but it looks like a one shot then reload? If so it's going to be hot reloading each time! I may be wrong though!

Hard to tell from the video but he used a cutoff syringe to load the vapouriser with what looked like far more than 2-3g of oxalic. The machine certainly churned out a large amount of vapour, far more than I've ever achieved with a varrox style vapouriser.

As for 'one shot' it looked like as the last of the oxalic sublimed he simply opened up the flap and added another dose.

I didn't look at video to be honest, just looked at picture

You could cool it down between treatments by squirting some water in the bowl.

If you used tablets you'd be able to get them in and the lid closed before it started gassing off.

If you used tablets you'd be able to get them in and the lid closed before it started gassing off.

Yes that's what the demo used on you tube.
So £120 is not much more than a Varrox and if it works then no more humping batteries!

Well I just ordered one but its not coming until the 4th to the 12th of September so ill post if its any good when I use it.with the amount of hives I overwinter at some sites a battery one would mean humping multiple batteries around so I've been looking for a gas version for a while but only ever come across those foggers so hopefully this will work well or I've just wasted 120

Id be interested in your review when you get the opportunity.

Well I just ordered one but its not coming until the 4th to the 12th of September so ill post if its any good when I use it.with the amount of hives I overwinter at some sites a battery one would mean humping multiple batteries around so I've been looking for a gas version for a while but only ever come across those foggers so hopefully this will work well or I've just wasted 120

I understand the instructions are in German.
Perhaps post a translation of the instructions when it arrives
Keep us posted

This would be my question, is this the same gas canister readily available here? Otherwise it looks a nice piece of kit with its own battery operated lighter.

Last edited:
I emailed the seller and he said it fits the usual blow torch canisters or words to that effect(his translation wasn't the best)he also added he can sell me gas canisters so it doesn't look like its going to be a problem.

I've ordered one of these. I've switched to the hive floor with an under entrance - not possible to poke a vaporiser in the front. With the gas vaporiser I'm planning to make an inspection tray with built in piping to blow the smoke up into the hive.

Latest posts

Back